Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Welbeck

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    On the plus side Eddie Niketiah can get more game time now. Thought he looked great against Norwich.

Will Lacazette be back by the time we play someone half decent*

* - there aren't any fully decent teams in the EL.
    Napoli, Dortmund, Athletico, Milan. Not fully decent?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Trust me, I spent some hours last night trying to balance my incredulity at his performance against the reality that he has every right to be rusty - but I'm sorry, his movement was sluggardly, his reactions blunt and his touch simply dreadful. Really. He looked injured to me.

I'm not throwing shít at him; I'm not suggesting he's a rubbish footballer or that he should get out of my club, as I believe is the current fashion. I'm simply pointing out that his performance was truly, spectacularly awful.
    His own teammates were a bit pissed off with him tbf. Can't be easy when you are out of touch and you have two such wonderful footballer in Mhkitaryan and Özil making the game look so ****ing easy. I was quite impressed by their centre forward actually - looked a handful

Not really. If they were fully decent they'd be in proper competition. The one we used to be in every year

Trust me, I spent some hours last night trying to balance my incredulity at his performance against the reality that he has every right to be rusty - but I'm sorry, his movement was sluggardly, his reactions blunt and his touch simply dreadful. Really. He looked injured to me.

I'm not throwing shít at him; I'm not suggesting he's a rubbish footballer or that he should get out of my club, as I believe is the current fashion. I'm simply pointing out that his performance was truly, spectacularly awful.
    There was nothing in his performance that we haven’t seen from him before, though. It was standard Welbeck ineptitude - albeit unleavened by any of the more positive sides of his game.

Napoli look like they’re going out. Dortmund might struggle to get through as well after that result last night.

On the plus side Eddie Niketiah can get more game time now. Thought he looked great against Norwich.

Will Lacazette be back by the time we play someone half decent*

* - there aren't any fully decent teams in the EL.
    I would actually like to see Nketiah get a chance - we apparently sacked off a very talented young Dutch striker in the summer (Donyell Malan) to ensure room in the squad for young Eddie, so should back him to do well. Have a feeling Lacazette will be back before too long though

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    His own teammates were a bit pissed off with him tbf. Can't be easy when you are out of touch and you have two such wonderful footballer in Mhkitaryan and Özil making the game look so ****ing easy. I was quite impressed by their centre forward actually - looked a handful
    The great thing about football is that even if your touch and timing are off, you can still contribute to your team by simply putting in a great effort. Make more runs, close people down, bust a gut, don't bother touching the ball, but he didn't.

I say again, he looked injured.

Not really. If they were fully decent they'd be in proper competition. The one we used to be in every year
    The team leading Serie A isn't 'fully decent'.

Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Ghoddos? Yes he was quite impressive. They turned down a Ł5m bid from someone for him in the January window. Quite disappointing that he choose to play for Iran instead of Sweden. Him and Forsberg could’ve been a good combination on the wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Napoli look like they’re going out. Dortmund might struggle to get through as well after that result last night.
    Napoli might decide to play their first team and sail through if they fancy it. And underestimating Krauts is a mug's game, b.