Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Its LGBT History month at my work. We also have the Women's Annual Conference, a

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I have been asked to speak, as a man. I have said no. Recipe for disaster.
    You should have said yes and opened with something like. "Afternoon girls. From the number of you here I can see that there's a lot of housework not getting done today."

That'd get a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You should have said yes and opened with something like. "Afternoon girls. From the number of you here I can see that there's a lot of housework not getting done today."

That'd get a laugh.
    I made a similar remark about two years ago at a management meeting. Someone asked, quite innocently, what went on at the women's conference and got a series of jokey responses from the women about make up, housework etc. Twenty minutes later we were discussing the kitchen facilities in the offices and the fact that people kept leaving them in a dreadful mess. When the Chair asked what we should do about it I suggested referring it To the women's conference for further discussion.

I was still dealing with the fall out from that joke about 3 months later......

Guest speaker on transgender issues in the RAF and a talk on some new research about how lesbianism is saving the planet.

Anyway, I have to do some online training about how to handle 'unwanted sexual advances in the workplace'.....
    What sort of mental shíthouse do you work in Pedro?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    What sort of mental shíthouse do you work in Pedro?
    A university. A seat of learning. A poof's parlour.

I did my GDPR training. At least I now know it is something to do with data protection- I was wondering why everyone was suddenly talking about East Germany again.
    GDPR. You will legally be able ask to be 'forgotten' from your organisation's payroll system. How fúcking bonkers is that?

Still, not sure too many will take that option up.

I must have spent about half my work time, this year, on fúcking GDPR stuff Wenger out.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    GDPR. You will legally be able ask to be 'forgotten' from your organisation's payroll system. How fúcking bonkers is that?

I must have spent about half my work time, this year, on fúcking GDPR stuff Wenger out.
    I am doing all I can to swerve it as I was being set up, without me agreeing to it, to be our DPO with responsibility for ensuring compliance etc.

Not kewl when trying to get a reference. "Nope, sorry, none of the two previous employers you cited have any record of you working there."

I probably should be spending half my time on GDPR quite soon. Will probably claim 'legitimate interests' for most processing and hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I am doing all I can to swerve it as I was being set up, without me agreeing to it, to be our DPO with responsibility for ensuring compliance etc.
    Being a DPO sounds like a right, fúcking bundle of laughs.

I am trying to dodge as much as possible but we are having to amend forms, policies, protocols and Dennis knows what else. Plus retrospective consent for biometric data, etc.

For fúcking, fúcks sake...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Actually, there are limits on that. Finance records have to be kept for seven years and good luck asking the Revenue to forget you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Actually, there are limits on that. Finance records have to be kept for seven years and good luck asking the Revenue to forget you.
    and fulfillment of a contract and all that. But the theory stands, etc.

Yes, the reference part will be interesting. We will have to purge our systems of information on the 7th anniversary of someone leaving employment.

Will be interesting to see what happens when our customers and regulatory bodies come to audit us and want to see reports and evidence of stuff and staff don't provide consent. Oh well...