Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Its LGBT History month at my work. We also have the Women's Annual Conference, a

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    and fulfillment of a contract and all that. But the theory stands, etc.

Yes, the reference part will be interesting. We will have to purge our systems of information on the 7th anniversary of someone leaving employment.

Will be interesting to see what happens when our customers and regulatory bodies come to audit us and want to see reports and evidence of stuff and staff don't provide consent. Oh well...
    There's so much b0llocks in the law the ICO seem almost embarrassed at having to try and enforce it, it sometimes seems. There will be court cases with big companies with big lawyers who will iron out some of the silliness I expect.

Meanwhile, we'll see what happens if you try to use a loyalty card after May 28th without having read and signed off the approprate privacy policy and consent forms. Should be interesting.

There will be some cùnt ahead at a till exclaiming in a loud voice that he demands to know EXACTLY what information they are holding on him and EXACTLY how it is being processed and EXACTLY who is seeing it and what measures are being taken to protect it and so on. The law is a cùnt's paradise.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Being a DPO sounds like a right, fúcking bundle of laughs.

I am trying to dodge as much as possible but we are having to amend forms, policies, protocols and Dennis knows what else. Plus retrospective consent for biometric data, etc.

For fúcking, fúcks sake...
    Is the area of retrospective consent still not a grey one?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    It certainly is when it comes to sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    There's so much b0llocks in the law the ICO seem almost embarrassed at having to try and enforce it, it sometimes seems. There will be court cases with big companies with big lawyers who will iron out some of the silliness I expect.

Meanwhile, we'll see what happens if you try to use a loyalty card after May 28th without having read and signed off the approprate privacy policy and consent forms. Should be interesting.

There will be some cùnt ahead at a till exclaiming in a loud voice that he demands to know EXACTLY what information they are holding on him and EXACTLY how it is being processed and EXACTLY who is seeing it and what measures are being taken to protect it and so on. The law is a cùnt's paradise.
    I had a bloke contact me about 3 weeks ago, he had been accused (and he claims subsequently acquitted) of sexual misconduct towards minors, then it turned out he had been accused on 3 different occasions. Yes he was a priest in a previous life.

So he found our SAR form online and wrote to me, as you say demanding to know all the information held on him etc.

I had to ring him up and explain to him that we hold information for DM purposes, perhaps involving a wee bit of profiling, but nothing on noncery.

He then asked me to send him all the file that An Garda Siochana held on him.

Some people are just thick.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    not for sensitive personal data.

Which is my understanding as imparted by our very expensive legal experts.

"better to have consent, than not" etc
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    At least you will have a bit more bite when you report the ambulance chasing, TPS ignoring ****s who cold call you with regards the road traffic accident you never had.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”