Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We live in strange times, gentlemen.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I did, yes. And yet apparently decent people will still vote for him. It's mystifying.
    Sometimes I fear it's that people have, with the passage of time, forgotten the evils of communism oppressing a quarter of the world for 40 years, and how the Cold War really was a war, fought to preserve our liberty, but then I remember that even back then, hundreds of university professors happily supported the soviet union and indoctrinated their students, union leaders took money from the KGB, Tony Benn fought tooth and nail to take us down and was revered for it and foolish wimmin were applauded for trying to disrupt our defence systems.

Everyone deserves to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'm pretty sure the definition of treason hasn't changed, p.
    It has actually...quite a bit.

For example, one can now justify treason in defence of one's sexual orientation, gender or faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    It has actually...quite a bit.

For example, one can now justify treason in defence of one's sexual orientation, gender or faith.
    It's always the sexual orientation with you.

I don't recall any of this nonsense from my (brief) stay at 3rd level education yet you are swimming in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Sometimes I fear it's that people have, with the passage of time, forgotten the evils of communism oppressing a quarter of the world for 40 years, and how the Cold War really was a war, fought to preserve our liberty, but then I remember that even back then, hundreds of university professors happily supported the soviet union and indoctrinated their students, union leaders took money from the KGB, Tony Benn fought tooth and nail to take us down and was revered for it and foolish wimmin were applauded for trying to disrupt our defence systems.

Everyone deserves to die.
    Back then there were still enough people left who weren't riddled with the cancers of whataboutery and moral relativism and actually believed that we were in the right enough to stand up to these idiots. Now we're so fùcked that we allow the idiots to get within a collective electoral brainfart of the highest office in the land. Madness.