Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Weird experience watching Real v PSG last night

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Should have been booked prior to his actual booking for another dive when trying to con the referee into booking Nacho for a complete non-foul.

He's a snide wee fúck for sure but a wonderful footballer.
    I'm not a fan tbh, sw. Very good footballer but falls short of the Mess/Ronaldo/Iwobi class

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I'm not a fan tbh, sw. Very good footballer but falls short of the Mess/Ronaldo/Iwobi class
    He's like a slightly more effective Gervinho.

Should have been booked prior to his actual booking for another dive when trying to con the referee into booking Nacho for a complete non-foul.

He's a snide wee fúck for sure but a wonderful footballer.
    Quite the dive from Modric to win that free kick as well. But I note no one complaining about that, presumably because he's a whitey.

You lot disgust me with your traditional, establishment based, white oriented views of the world.

#jorgelivesandbreaths

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I concur but then 2 of the 3 you have named are stellar talents the world does not often see and who we are fortunate to have seen in the flesh, as such.

Ronaldo is not bad either. Boom boom.

I suspect the Brazilian is permanently playing with a chip on his shoulder, he is not the acclaimed world number 1 that the above duo have argued over for years, his move to PSG was I suspect the result of pure greed and bad professional advice and he really needs to deliver the WC this summer to be viewed in his homeland in the same way as the many fabulous talents that have gone before him

Personally speaking I would rather have a Kevin de Bruyne strutting his stuff in N5 instead of Neymar Jnr, I haven’t watched him once this season and came away with anything resembling dislike and quite often it is simply awe.

I concur but then 2 of the 3 you have named are stellar talents the world does not often see and who we are fortunate to have seen in the flesh, as such.

I suspect the Brazilian is permanently playing with a chip on his shoulder, he is not the acclaimed world number 1 that the above duo have argued over for years, his move to PSG was I suspect the result of pure greed and bad professional advice and he really needs to deliver the WC this summer to be viewed in his homeland in the same way as the many fabulous talents that have gone before him

Personally speaking I would rather have a Kevin de Bruyne strutting his stuff in N5 instead of Neymar Jnr, I haven’t watched him once this season and came away with anything resembling dislike and quite often it is simply awe.
    De Bruyne is the best footballer I have seen this year. Salah and Kane slightly behind.

And two of those three were sold by Jose 'greatest manager in the history of the game ever ever ever' Mourinho.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Quite the dive from Modric to win that free kick as well. But I note no one complaining about that, presumably because he's a whitey.

You lot disgust me with your traditional, establishment based, white oriented views of the world.

#jorgelivesandbreaths
    Schoolboy error Wes as Jorge would never criticise Modric.

Sure hasn’t he been following his career and championing him as a talent since his loan season with Zrinjski Mostar in 2003, back in the days when he sat outside a coffee shop in Bradford with an espresso while reading the Gazetta.

God bless J.

I for one miss him.

Schoolboy error Wes as Jorge would never criticise Modric.

Sure hasn’t he been following his career and championing him as a talent since his loan season with Zrinjski Mostar in 2003, back in the days when he sat outside a coffee shop in Bradford with an espresso while reading the Gazetta.

God bless J.

I for one miss him.
    Yes, even I would admit that his 'spice' added to this place. Although the desire I frequently felt to find him and kill him was probably not a good thing.

Shame that Burney bullied him off the board, really. Although I don't recall feeling that way at the time.

I concur with all of that. Of all the players on show last night there are a few I would have before him. Including Modric and Kroos

Yes, even I would admit that his 'spice' added to this place. Although the desire I frequently felt to find him and kill him was probably not a good thing.

Shame that Burney bullied him off the board, really. Although I don't recall feeling that way at the time.
    He hardly bullied him, did he? Unless 'telling the truth' is bullying. He may, perhaps, have been a trifle blunt, but he told no untruths.

De Bruyne is the best footballer I have seen this year. Salah and Kane slightly behind.

And two of those three were sold by Jose 'greatest manager in the history of the game ever ever ever' Mourinho.
    Far be it from me to defend Mourinho but it took de Bruyne quite some time to "get it". It was about halfway through a season with Wolfsburg when he suddenly realised he could pass the ball rather than just hog it and shoot all the time, since which time he has developed into one of the best five players in the world. Given the generally cretinous nature of football fans - without going all Full Monty, no one wants that - he simply wouldn't have been afforded the patience at a "big" club to work out his weaknesses, hence I can understand Mourinho's reluctance/lack of patience