Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's there to do in this dump? London.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    Nope, you make a good point. And that's what I'm gonna do. Between meetings and stuff. The only thing is I'm absolutely going to be crushed by a bus because you idiots drive on the wrong side.

Good walking neighborhoods in this burgh?
    All of it. Git yourself a London Hidden Walks book from Stanfords on Long Acre, Covent Garden.

Or just wander round Bloomsbury, Soho, Holborn, St Giles, Temple, Fitzrovia, Marylebone, The City, Islington, Highgate, Hampstead, Chelsea, Spitalfields, Chiswick, Wapping, Westminster, Clerkenwell, Bermondsey, Pimlico, Camden, Belgravia, Clapham etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    All of it. Git yourself a London Hidden Walks book from Stanfords on Long Acre, Covent Garden.

Or just wander round Bloomsbury, Soho, Holborn, St Giles, Temple, Fitzrovia, Marylebone, The City, Islington, Highgate, Hampstead, Chelsea, Spitalfields, Chiswick, Wapping, Westminster, Clerkenwell, Bermondsey, Pimlico, Camden, Belgravia, Clapham etc etc
    Or just wander round all of them

#ashonasaturdaywhennogameison

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Or just wander round all of them

#ashonasaturdaywhennogameison
    Planning to walk home from Uxbridge on Saturday.

Perhaps Eastgermanautos could hook up with Ash
    Or follow him
    (He normally starts in Highgate Cemetary )
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    That's where I'd quite like to end up.

Not yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Planning to walk home from Uxbridge on Saturday.
    Good Jesus A, a routine search on the AA suggests this distance to be approx. 19.9m.

Essentially a marathon.

Mind you I did put in Holloway instead of Upper Holloway.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Perhaps Eastgermanautos could hook up with Ash
    Or follow him
    Are you suggesting a is some sort of revenant who rises from the grave in order to pursue his peregrinations around the capital?

Now I think about it, I have never seen him in daylight.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Good Jesus A, a routine search on the AA suggests this distance to be approx. 19.9m.

Essentially a marathon.

Mind you I did put in Holloway instead of Upper Holloway.
    It isn't a marathon because you don't have to run the damn thing, and you don't need three alcohol-free months of training for it, as a friend is currently enduring in preparation for the London Marathon.

We did 20 miles back from Epping and it did get a bit slow on the final haul up the Holloway Road. This one could be a bit further because the route you saw probably wen't straight down the A40, and having walked a stretch of it before it isn't a route we'd prefer to do again. So some route to the north of it will be taken. There will be an early start and many pit stops.