Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: About a year and a half ago I became aware of the name Naby Keita and googled him to

About a year and a half ago I became aware of the name Naby Keita and googled him to

see what all the fuss was about. Now, I’m obviously not the kind of cancer-deserving **** that draws hyperbolic conclusions from a YouTube video, but after a few minutes I’d genuinely convinced myself that he was potentially the greatest sportsmen that's ever lived.

Needles to say, when I learned he’d pre-signed for Liverpool, even though I wasn't aware of him ever being linked with us, I still felt a pang of disappointment,

Anyway, the point I’m trying to get to is that if this ****ox is even half as good as he looked on that YouTube video, and it turns out we could conceivably have signed him, then – and only then – will I concede that Wenger’s “lost da plot” and has “gotta go” or however you people describe these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    see what all the fuss was about. Now, I’m obviously not the kind of cancer-deserving **** that draws hyperbolic conclusions from a YouTube video, but after a few minutes I’d genuinely convinced myself that he was potentially the greatest sportsmen that's ever lived.

Needles to say, when I learned he’d pre-signed for Liverpool, even though I wasn't aware of him ever being linked with us, I still felt a pang of disappointment,

Anyway, the point I’m trying to get to is that if this ****ox is even half as good as he looked on that YouTube video, and it turns out we could conceivably have signed him, then – and only then – will I concede that Wenger’s “lost da plot” and has “gotta go” or however you people describe these things.
    I did the same with thon Goretzka chap and felt the same way when BM signed him. Which sort of begs the question that if Keita is that good how did BM not to mention the Spanish clubs let him go to Liverpool?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post

The black Ruel Fox, innit.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I did the same with thon Goretzka chap and felt the same way when BM signed him. Which sort of begs the question that if Keita is that good how did BM not to mention the Spanish clubs let him go to Liverpool?
    Leipzig are the one German club that can resist Bayern's money (Red Bull funding) and are absolutely determined to do so. Not sure he is as good as Monty is making out (and has been poor for a lot of this season, possibly because of the impending move) so probably not on Real and Barca's radar yet. Will be interesting to see him against Napoli this week

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Leipzig are the one German club that can resist Bayern's money (Red Bull funding) and are absolutely determined to do so. Not sure he is as good as Monty is making out (and has been poor for a lot of this season, possibly because of the impending move) so probably not on Real and Barca's radar yet. Will be interesting to see him against Napoli this week
    I did the youtube thing with Keita as well and was unimpressed.

Be interesting to see who's right, me or bignose?

I did the youtube thing with Keita as well and was unimpressed.

Be interesting to see who's right, me or bignose?
    Talk about Sophie's Choice

Bayern and/or Spanish clubs cannot sign every player in club football.

In this case the player had a fixed transfer clause, agree to pay that full amount and the job’s a good one.

If a team such as Liverpool, which to the player is an appealing move due to it being step up from RBL in terms of stature and probably personal earnings, act quickly and aggressively in the transfer market then there is little these other sides can do.

He's from Guinea. So when he commits a foul, it's presumably a Guinea Foul?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    He's from Guinea. So when he commits a foul, it's presumably a Guinea Foul?
    surely ref?

surely ref?
    In the words of Richard Keys, it was just banter.