Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So it's Valentine's Day and Real Madrid play PSG tonight

So it's Valentine's Day and Real Madrid play PSG tonight

and again.

I have a bottle of Bollinger, some expensive choccies and shall buy a card later today (against my will) but you think there is any chance I get to watch the game?

Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

and again.

I have a bottle of Bollinger, some expensive choccies and shall buy a card later today (against my will) but you think there is any chance I get to watch the game?

Nope.
    I honestly don’t mean to come across as a curmudgeonly non-romantic but do you honestly ‘celebrate’ the day?

and again.

Nope.
    Mercy me WES are all you moose botherers hen pecked wretches or are you a rarity?

One doesn't ask permission to watch the football. One simply cracks open one's tin of lager, assumes a surly and macho demeanour in one's favourite chair and commences watching. One must then exude menace which will deter her from interrupting one's sporting experience.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I honestly don’t mean to come across as a curmudgeonly non-romantic but do you honestly ‘celebrate’ the day?
    Always - bottle of nice bubbly (Bollinger this year), a nice meal in and some posh chocolates. Also, a card each.

And later today I shall be buying the aforementioned card and chocs. I hope.

Always - bottle of nice bubbly (Bollinger this year), a nice meal in and some posh chocolates. Also, a card each.

And later today I shall be buying the aforementioned card and chocs. I hope.
    I suppose what harm if it is a mutually enjoyable evening. I / we don't bother with it at all though the wife does leave a card for both kids.

Now I expect Sir C to mosey along in due course and ridicule your choice of champagne, that being his style.

p.s. I would just go now and get said chocs/card. You don't want to be halfway home and remember.

I suppose what harm if it is a mutually enjoyable evening. I / we don't bother with it at all though the wife does leave a card for both kids.

Now I expect Sir C to mosey along in due course and ridicule your choice of champagne, that being his style.

p.s. I would just go now and get said chocs/card. You don't want to be halfway home and remember.
    Nothing wrong with Bolli. A little obvious, perhaps, but he's American, so what do you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Nothing wrong with Bolli. A little obvious, perhaps, but he's American, so what do you expect?
    You just couldn't help yourself could you.

I like the pink one, Laurent Perrier? I'm not gay all the same.

Hang on, your wife leaves Valentines cards for your children?

You just couldn't help yourself could you.

I like the pink one, Laurent Perrier? I'm not gay all the same.
    Both were 25% off at Waitrose, not too late SW!

I went with Bolli as we had the LP rose at Xmas

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Hang on, your wife leaves Valentines cards for your children?
    They're irishers m. They often swap their children for food.