Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Ricky Gervais.

Ricky Gervais.

I watched thon movie 'Life On The Road'. It had a couple of amusing moments but there's no getting away from the fact that Gervais is a tedious cóck.

Bizarre then, that 'The Office' was a thing of utter magnificence. Do we give the credit to Merchant? We can't entirely, and must acknowledge that Gervais was terrific in the role of Brent.

What happened, Ricky?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I watched thon movie 'Life On The Road'. It had a couple of amusing moments but there's no getting away from the fact that Gervais is a tedious cóck.

Bizarre then, that 'The Office' was a thing of utter magnificence. Do we give the credit to Merchant? We can't entirely, and must acknowledge that Gervais was terrific in the role of Brent.

What happened, Ricky?
    It's almost as odd as Graham Linehan having both produced the benign excellence that is Father Ted AND proving to be a genuinely ghastly human being who inflicts Count Arthur Strong on an unsuspecting populace.

I think we may have to concede that sometimes people hit a sweet spot and can't repeat the feat.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It's almost as odd as Graham Linehan having both produced the benign excellence that is Father Ted AND proving to be a genuinely ghastly human being who inflicts Count Arthur Strong on an unsuspecting populace.

I think we may have to concede that sometimes people hit a sweet spot and can't repeat the feat.
    Linehan also did Big Train, the first series of Black Books and The IT Crowd, amongst other good stuff. Really don’t get the whole Count Arthur Strong thing though

What happened, Ricky?

I rather enjoyed the film, although it is dumbed down a little by hammering home how much everyone hates him.

I liked Extras as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Linehan also did Big Train, the first series of Black Books and The IT Crowd, amongst other good stuff. Really don’t get the whole Count Arthur Strong thing though
    Indeed. Liked Big Train and the IT Crowd. He's still a prick, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I rather enjoyed the film, although it is dumbed down a little by hammering home how much everyone hates him.

I liked Extras as well.
    It's true, Extras was good. wd rg.

What happened, Ricky?

Isn't Ricky G basically just playing himself in The Office?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

We are all just playing ourselves 'bert :profound:

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    Isn't Ricky G basically just playing himself in The Office?
    . . . . . . .