Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LiteraryWIMB

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Novels, you see? Lot of nonsense. Deciding to give up literary novels is one of the best moves I've made. Frees up so much time for reading worthwhile stuff.
    I'd be keen how the "gender is a social construct" brigade would explain the differing reading habits between men and women (the latter reading far more fiction).

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I'd be keen how the "gender is a social construct" brigade would explain the differing reading habits between men and women (the latter reading far more fiction).
    In fact, there is an argument that the rise of the novel has had a feminising effect on society.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Gowar, 30, tells this anecdote in the graveyard of St Nicholas Deptford, as we tour the historic sites of the southeast London neighbourhood.
    Christopher Marlowe is buried there. That is my contribution to the literature thread. Apparently there is a Grinling Gibbons wood carving inside, but as is usually the case I only got to see the outside of the church.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Christopher Marlowe is buried there. That is my contribution to the literature thread. Apparently there is a Grinling Gibbons wood carving inside, but as is usually the case I only got to see the outside of the church.
    Thought it sounded familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    He of course died by getting stabbed in the eye in a tavern brawl/assassination.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    He of course died by getting stabbed in the eye in a tavern brawl/assassination.
    Yes, and ten days after being arrested for being an atheist, which could have had him deaded anyway.