Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I do like how barking mad Noel Edmonds is these days. Not content with banging on

I do like how barking mad Noel Edmonds is these days. Not content with banging on

about how we're all made from vibrating energy and having plastic surgery that makes him look like a sad Yorkshire terrier, he's now opened a radio station with the sole intention of having a go at Lloyd's Bank.

Top batshíttery.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42963128

Edmonds.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    about how we're all made from vibrating energy and having plastic surgery that makes him look like a sad Yorkshire terrier, he's now opened a radio station with the sole intention of having a go at Lloyd's Bank.

Top batshíttery.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42963128

Edmonds.jpg
    Sounds good. Has he got into reptilians yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Sounds good. Has he got into reptilians yet?
    Not as far as I know, but it can't be long. I suppose in his defence he's about the only Radio 1 DJ of the 70s/80s who as far as we know didn't have sex with children, so we should cut him some slack.

Actually, I was thinking about David Icke the other day. Why is it OK to laugh at his claim that he's the son of God, but not OK to laugh at a hairy-arsed bloke who tells you he's a woman? Why are some mental aberrations OK and others not?

What would you do if you met a transer who you knew wanted to be referred to by their non-biological pronoun?

Or, to put it another way, are there any contexts you can dscribe in which you would refuse to refer to them as they preferred?

Not as far as I know, but it can't be long. I suppose in his defence he's about the only Radio 1 DJ of the 70s/80s who as far as we know didn't have sex with children, so we should cut him some slack.

Actually, I was thinking about David Icke the other day. Why is it OK to laugh at his claim that he's the son of God, but not OK to laugh at a hairy-arsed bloke who tells you he's a woman? Why are some mental aberrations OK and others not?
    Last edited by Monty92; 02-12-2018 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    What would you do if you met a transer who you knew wanted to be referred to by their non-biological pronoun?

Or, to put it another way, are there any contexts you can dscribe in which you would refuse to refer to them as they preferred?
    I would address them by the name by which they were introduced and I would endeavour to avoid causing unnecessary offence by not referring to their sex within their earshot. However, I will not lie or connive in a lie by calling a man 'she' or acquiescing in the absurd pretence that what I have in front of me is an actual woman/man when it is plainly not.

I would address them by the name by which they were introduced and I would endeavour to avoid causing unnecessary offence by not referring to their sex within their earshot. However, I will not lie or connive in a lie by calling a man 'she' or acquiescing in the absurd pretence that what I have in front of me is an actual woman/man when it is plainly not.
    What if it isn't plainly obvious what it is? Bloke/bird on one of those Jordan Peterson debates I watched on youtube was not plainly one or the other.

Gave me the shivers just listening to it.

Really? I don't have any objection at all to calling them what they are plainly not, if that's what they want.

Just as if someone with an objectively terrible voice told you they have ambitions of being a singer, I'm sure you'd nod, smile and wish them the best of luck (which would be tantamount to lying).

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Really? I don't have any objection at all to calling them what they are plainly not, if that's what they want.

Just as if someone with an objectively terrible voice told you they have ambitions of being a singer, I'm sure you'd nod, smile and wish them the best of luck (which would be tantamount to lying).
    If it were a one-off case of lying to spare someone's feelings or because they're a bit mental, that would be one thing. However, where it becomes (as it has) a lie that's coerced out of one by social (or even legal) pressure as part of a systematic programme of 're-education', I'm afraid I'm going to insist on digging my heels in. As I said earlier, once you make people accept blatant and demonstrable lies as unarguable truths, you're on the path to totalitarianism. To accept that for the sake of a quiet life is an act of moral cowardice.
    Last edited by Burney; 02-12-2018 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    What if it isn't plainly obvious what it is? Bloke/bird on one of those Jordan Peterson debates I watched on youtube was not plainly one or the other.

Gave me the shivers just listening to it.
    There are very few where you can't tell - at least the western ones. Some of the asian ones can be worryingly convincing, mind. And my view is that, if you're not sure, at least they've made an effort and you can play along more readily. But most of them these days are just ugly men in frocks who don't want to accept that they like cock and so have to pretend they're actually birds.

If it were a one-off case of lying to spare someone's feelings or because they're a bit mental, that would be one thing. However, where it becomes (as it has) a lie that coerced out of one as part of a systematic programme of 're-education', I'm afraid I'm going to insist on digging my heels in. As I said earlier, once you make people accept blatant and demonstrable lies as unarguable truths, you're on the path to totalitarianism. To accept that for the sake of a quiet life is an act of moral cowardice.
    Agree entirely about the requirement to lie being imposed by systematic (be it state or cultural) forces - that's the line in the sand for me too.

I danced with one at a wedding once. It was one of those totally unconvincing transers too - six foot, shoulders like a scrum half, terrible wig..........sucked a mean cóck, mind.