Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So we have 11 league games left, of which all but two are basically nailed-on wins

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    I’ll play along. We will be focusing on the Europa so will draw/lose more than 2 of those 11
    Steady on Swedish, even without a focus on Europe our form would suggest points being dropped in a few matches.

Monty is a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Steady on Swedish, even without a focus on Europe our form would suggest points being dropped in a few matches.

Monty is a dick.
    I like how Monty has become the new modd. We'll be dancing in the streets of Islington come May.

Surely it was blatantly obvious that I was being self-deprecating by

doubling down on my (now laughable) suggestion about two weeks ago that we'll probably be ahead of them in the table by now?

As for Wenger, I literally reckon I must have said 300 times over the past few years that there's every chance that replacing him is the right decision, so I'm not sure what I've been "horribly wrong" about...

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Of course it was just stirring, but still hard to pass up pointing out to Monty how horribly wrong he's been all along.

Besides, I honestly believe that deep inside him he still thinks that Wenger will eventually vindicate him.

It's quite sweet, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    doubling down on my (now laughable) suggestion about two weeks ago that we'll probably be ahead of them in the table by now?

As for Wenger, I literally reckon I must have said 300 times over the past few years that there's every chance that replacing him is the right decision, so I'm not sure what I've been "horribly wrong" about...
    I think you're being generous to yourself - I think it was much less than 300 times and only really since we didn't make the CL last year. Prior to that, you spent a good portion of the previous 5-6 years denigrating the intellect, literacy, football knowledge and even social class of anyone who dared to question Wenger despite there being overwhelming evidence that he was under-performing.

And it is for this that you must pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post

Perhaps the almost blanket ability to spot your ruse indicates in general what a tedious prick you are*?

*perhaps a nice chap in person, probably not.

+20 years of Arsene and people still misjudge him.

Forget Top4 Wenger probably thinks we can still win the league

Said a while back we should’ve swapped the teams around ie play the kids in the league until the end of the season and focus the 1st 11 on the 3 Cups.

At the very least you walk out of this season with a fine batch of young players ready for a crack at the league next season.