Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: So we have 11 league games left, of which all but two are basically nailed-on wins

  1. #1

    So we have 11 league games left, of which all but two are basically nailed-on wins

    While Spurs still have the rigors of the FA Cup and Champions League to contend with, not to mention the inevitable Harry Kane to Madrid rumours to destabilise them.

    Power shift indeed

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    While Spurs still have the rigors of the FA Cup and Champions League to contend with, not to mention the inevitable Harry Kane to Madrid rumours to destabilise them.

    Power shift indeed
    Deflection - man up and admit you look an idiot after your 'we'll only be a few points behind Spurs' posts and let one and all know that even a servile dimwit like you now recognizes that he needs to go.

    Nice try, though.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Deflection - man up and admit you look an idiot after your 'we'll only be a few points behind Spurs' posts and let one and all know that even a servile dimwit like you now recognizes that he needs to go.

    Nice try, though.
    "Needs to go"

    I bet he's also "lost the plot", right?

    And don't forget "time for change"

    You're so.....artless

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    "Needs to go"

    I bet he's also "lost the plot", right?

    And don't forget "time for change"

    You're so.....artless
    More deflection - you would have felt differently had I said 'is no longer capable of motivating the players or implementing the sort of tactical discipline needed to compete against teams like Man City and Chelsea'?

    C'mon Monty, man up and accept how badly wrong you've been. I'm sure we're generous enough to only laud it over you for a few days.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    More deflection - you would have felt differently had I said 'is no longer capable of motivating the players or implementing the sort of tactical discipline needed to compete against teams like Man City and Chelsea'?

    C'mon Monty, man up and accept how badly wrong you've been. I'm sure we're generous enough to only laud it over you for a few days.
    You really are the most frightful bully WES. You know damn well that Monty, despite all the bluff, bluster and arrant bóllocks, is a pitifully insecure individual who is now blubbing like a scolded girl-child at your cruel barbs.

    There is an unwritten rule here that we allow Monty to believe that, in addition to being a respected and globally published football author, he is some kind of soothsayer of the game with a Guardiolesque eye for where a match is won and lost.

    You say sorry right now!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    While Spurs still have the rigors of the FA Cup and Champions League to contend with, not to mention the inevitable Harry Kane to Madrid rumours to destabilise them.

    Power shift indeed

    I have to admit, i fell for it I really did. Sat back in the knowledge that good old Monty knows his football, an expert no less, and we would be one point ahead of Spurs coming into the weekend.

    This is what you get for trusting experts.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    While Spurs still have the rigors of the FA Cup and Champions League to contend with, not to mention the inevitable Harry Kane to Madrid rumours to destabilise them.

    Power shift indeed
    Nailed on wins

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    While Spurs still have the rigors of the FA Cup and Champions League to contend with, not to mention the inevitable Harry Kane to Madrid rumours to destabilise them.

    Power shift indeed
    I will be straight up with you M, I am not really sure what your point is.

    The concept of a power shift is a red top media term, I would like to think it is not an everyday conversational term used by any person that frequents this place.

    Naturally the fundamental point of what you have written is to stir and seek a reaction, so well done.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I will be straight up with you M, I am not really sure what your point is.

    The concept of a power shift is a red top media term, I would like to think it is not an everyday conversational term used by any person that frequents this place.

    Naturally the fundamental point of what you have written is to stir and seek a reaction, so well done.
    Of course it was just stirring, but still hard to pass up pointing out to Monty how horribly wrong he's been all along.

    Besides, I honestly believe that deep inside him he still thinks that Wenger will eventually vindicate him.

    It's quite sweet, really.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    While Spurs still have the rigors of the FA Cup and Champions League to contend with, not to mention the inevitable Harry Kane to Madrid rumours to destabilise them.

    Power shift indeed
    I’ll play along. We will be focusing on the Europa so will draw/lose more than 2 of those 11

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •