Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I do like how barking mad Noel Edmonds is these days. Not content with banging on

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    There are very few where you can't tell - at least the western ones. Some of the asian ones can be worryingly convincing, mind. And my view is that, if you're not sure, at least they've made an effort and you can play along more readily. But most of them these days are just ugly men in frocks who don't want to accept that they like cock and so have to pretend they're actually birds.
    I heard a gay chap once say that if he'd grown up today, he's pretty sure he'd have (wrongly) assumed he must be born in the wrong body, rather than simply fancying men.

I would address them by the name by which they were introduced and I would endeavour to avoid causing unnecessary offence by not referring to their sex within their earshot. However, I will not lie or connive in a lie by calling a man 'she' or acquiescing in the absurd pretence that what I have in front of me is an actual woman/man when it is plainly not.
    I'm doing my bit, b.

I said "Thanks, mate" to a rather tall, stocky Store Assistant at Tesco this lunchtime.

Although, she didn't look too pleased that I used a non-gender specific pronoun towards her.

There's no pleasing some people...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I heard a gay chap once say that if he'd grown up today, he's pretty sure he'd have (wrongly) assumed he must be born in the wrong body, rather than simply fancying men.
    It's such a blindingly obvious truth and yet no-one wants to concede it. All that's actually been achieved here is that a generation of young gay (mostly) men have had the process of learning to deal with their sexuality severely impaired and retarded by giving those who are struggling with it a spurious and damaging option of pretending they're actually women. There'll be hell to pay for it in 20 years' time.

Agree entirely about the requirement to lie being imposed by systematic (be it state or cultural) forces - that's the line in the sand for me too.

I danced with one at a wedding once. It was one of those totally unconvincing transers too - six foot, shoulders like a scrum half, terrible wig..........sucked a mean cóck, mind.
    Scrum halfs tend to be small chaps

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Scrum halfs tend to be small chaps
    I thought I might have got that wrong

Aren't they the ones who take the ball from the scrum and then get flattened by all the other ****s?

Aren't they the ones who take the ball from the scrum and then get flattened by all the other ****s?
    I used to play scrum half until I was about 15. It sort of worked because it rewarded sneakiness and a modicum of physical courage but didn't require one to be particularly quick. Then the forwards started growing to enormous heights while I remained resolutely of average height, so I thought 'bugger that' and have never stepped onto a rugby field again.

Not as far as I know, but it can't be long. I suppose in his defence he's about the only Radio 1 DJ of the 70s/80s who as far as we know didn't have sex with children, so we should cut him some slack.

Actually, I was thinking about David Icke the other day. Why is it OK to laugh at his claim that he's the son of God, but not OK to laugh at a hairy-arsed bloke who tells you he's a woman? Why are some mental aberrations OK and others not?
    True. Funny that you mention Icke right after the whole BBC ***** thing. You know icke was called mad for saying all of that was happening about 10-15 years ago? And that politicians like Cyril smith and ted Heath were involved along with saville?

What a loony

Pretty much - you get some sizeable ones but it is probably the last rugby position left that a small fella can play in. We used to have one at our club who was so short he could actually run through some other players' legs

I used to play scrum half until I was about 15. It sort of worked because it rewarded sneakiness and a modicum of physical courage but didn't require one to be particularly quick. Then the forwards started growing to enormous heights while I remained resolutely of average height, so I thought 'bugger that' and have never stepped onto a rugby field again.
    Scrum halves are also usually loud, opinionated buggers who never shut up. Not you at all, b
    Last edited by Luis Anaconda; 02-13-2018 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Scrums are also usually loud, opinionated buggers who never shut up. Not you at all, b
    I sat next to Matt Dawson at a charity dinner once and he was absolutely delightful company. Also at the table were Will Carling and wossisname, the big lad. Martin Johnson. Both Dawson and Johnson referred to Carling with the moniker 'Bum Face', I remember, which was entirely appropriate.

Grand bunch of lads.

I got horrifically píssed and bid £1,000 for the use of a Bentley for a weekend, which prize I never colllected. Why the fúck would I want a Bentley for the weekend?

I hate drinking.