Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A word or two if I may about the capture of the two ISIS reptiles.

A word or two if I may about the capture of the two ISIS reptiles.

I am getting very hot under the collar at the BBC's insistence on calling them 'fighters'. They are no such thing. They
    have simply tormented, tortured and murdered unarmed, bound men.

I don't want them to be tried here. They will use our courts to spend at least two years boasting and crowing about their exploits, safe in the knowledge that their life sentences will equate to about eight years apiece, probably less after an army of Guardianista luvvies adopt them as a cause célèbre. (would be even worse should they stand trial at The Hague).

I'd rather see them tried where they will be facing execution. Actually, I'd rather see them summarily strung up and save the bother of a trial and yes, it does mean they have dragged me down to their level. Fúck justice, I want retribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    I am getting very hot under the collar at the BBC's insistence on calling them 'fighters'. They are no such thing. They

I don't want them to be tried here. They will use our courts to spend at least two years boasting and crowing about their exploits, safe in the knowledge that their life sentences will equate to about eight years apiece, probably less after an army of Guardianista luvvies adopt them as a cause célèbre. (would be even worse should they stand trial at The Hague).

I'd rather see them tried where they will be facing execution. Actually, I'd rather see them summarily strung up and save the bother of a trial and yes, it does mean they have dragged me down to their level. Fúck justice, I want retribution.
    Have you ever burnt down a paediatrician's house, h?

Nothing quite like 'angry mob' outrage. You also managed to squeeze in a reference to media luvvies, the EU and the term 'cause celebre'.

Excellent all round

Whatever happened to being innocent until proven guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Nothing quite like 'angry mob' outrage. You also managed to squeeze in a reference to media luvvies, the EU and the term 'cause celebre'.

Excellent all round
    I tend to agree with h, tbh. They renounced their British citizenship, so why should they be afforded the protections and privileges it provides? Fück 'em. I'm rather disappointed the Kurds haven't already cut their appurtenances off and started flaying them already, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Whatever happened to being innocent until proven guilty.
    That's right out of the window these days. Some bird says you looked at her funny 12 years ago? BOSH! Sex criminal!

Don't be ridiclules c. I did once whip up a lynch mob outside of a podiatrist's house.

Where were they captured? Link?

Well I might have known you would side with the terrorists S.

Anyway, presumptions of innocence and fair trials cannot be afforded to men who wear handkerchiefs on their heads. it's insanitary. A decent chap keeps his hankie in his pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    That's right out of the window these days. Some bird says you looked at her funny 12 years ago? BOSH! Sex criminal!
    More to the point, innocent until proven guilty relates to British citizens who make themselves subject to British law. These jokers went off to another country, declared themselves citizens of the Islamic state and thus enemies of the British crown. By their own lights they consider themselves at war, so are now defeated, non-uniformed combatants whom the Kurds would be well within their rights to shoot out of hand.
    Frankly, I can't believe nobody in MI6 had a quiet word with the chaps on the ground and suggested that if these gobshïtes were discreetly strung up, we'd be more than happy to cop a blind 'un.