Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A word or two if I may about the capture of the two ISIS reptiles.

Shame their isn't some kind of online program that allows folk to look this sort of thing up A.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    More to the point, innocent until proven guilty relates to British citizens who make themselves subject to British law. These jokers went off to another country, declared themselves citizens of the Islamic state and thus enemies of the British crown. By their own lights they consider themselves at war, so are now defeated, non-uniformed combatants whom the Kurds would be well within their rights to shoot out of hand.
    Frankly, I can't believe nobody in MI6 had a quiet word with the chaps on the ground and suggested that if these gobshďtes were discreetly strung up, we'd be more than happy to cop a blind 'un.
    We don't appear to be all that keen on treating the Kurds particularly as allies, it seems to me. I'm guessing they're a pretty dreadful bunch, but anyone prepared to knock the shít out of ISISers and Paulines seems to me a chap worth cultivating.

Oh don't worry b. Our Kurdish friends will doubtless be having a little sport with them before they are handed over.

If they are tried in the US any chance of them being executed there? Not sure how the laws of the hanging states work.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    We don't appear to be all that keen on treating the Kurds particularly as allies, it seems to me. I'm guessing they're a pretty dreadful bunch, but anyone prepared to knock the shít out of ISISers and Paulines seems to me a chap worth cultivating.
    Yes, well we're still behaving as if Turkey were actually an ally rather than what it actually now is under Erdogan - a threat. As a result, we don't want to be seen as being too pally with the Kurd. That and - as you say - because these chaps are undoubtedly ghastly and have some awful habits.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Where were they captured? Link?
    This may be the single worst development brought about by the internets - the demand, during any conversation for a 'link' to substantiate the point be ing made.

Answer me this. Twenty years ago, if you were having a conversation at the bar with your friend and he said, 'Of course those ISIS chaps have been captured...' would you have leaned in and screamed, 'LINK!' into his face, or would you have been polite enough to assume, for the purposes of the conversation, that your friend hadn't just made up some random stuff, but was telling the truth?

A: Hello dear, did you have a nice day at the office?

Mrs A: Yes, it was Sarah's birthday and we had a lovely lunch.

A: LINK? LINKYLINKY? i DON'T BELIEVE YOU YOU LYING BITCH!

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    More to the point, innocent until proven guilty relates to British citizens who make themselves subject to British law. These jokers went off to another country, declared themselves citizens of the Islamic state and thus enemies of the British crown. By their own lights they consider themselves at war, so are now defeated, non-uniformed combatants whom the Kurds would be well within their rights to shoot out of hand.
    Frankly, I can't believe nobody in MI6 had a quiet word with the chaps on the ground and suggested that if these gobshďtes were discreetly strung up, we'd be more than happy to cop a blind 'un.
    If we are at war and they renounced the crown then it is high treason.

This may be the single worst development brought about by the internets - the demand, during any conversation for a 'link' to substantiate the point be ing made.

Answer me this. Twenty years ago, if you were having a conversation at the bar with your friend and he said, 'Of course those ISIS chaps have been captured...' would you have leaned in and screamed, 'LINK!' into his face, or would you have been polite enough to assume, for the purposes of the conversation, that your friend hadn't just made up some random stuff, but was telling the truth?

A: Hello dear, did you have a nice day at the office?

Mrs A: Yes, it was Sarah's birthday and we had a lovely lunch.

A: LINK? LINKYLINKY? i DON'T BELIEVE YOU YOU LYING BITCH!
    Were ISIS active 20 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Oh don't worry b. Our Kurdish friends will doubtless be having a little sport with them before they are handed over.

If they are tried in the US any chance of them being executed there? Not sure how the laws of the hanging states work.

Probably being buggered from arsehole to breakfast time as we speak, h. You know what these towelheaded types are like. We've all seen Lawrence of Arabia and remember when he got what he called his 'citadel of integrity' smashed in.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    If we are at war and they renounced the crown then it is high treason.
    Yes. It is. But we won't try them for that, will we? Besides, you can't even execute people for that these days thanks to Brussels.

No, we'll send them on a deradicalisation course so they come out just as radicalised and claiming benefits.

This may be the single worst development brought about by the internets
    It's not as bad as people constantly bombarding you on social media with pictures of baldy cancer kids who want to go to Disneyland or similar fückery imo. They can fück right off, the depressing little cünts.