Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fair to say whatever small chance we had of getting top 4 is now gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I love them. wd cods imo.

Do you get them from your monger?
    Yes, they're one of the things he always has. Cod cheeks, squid and those large Madagascan farmed prawns. Would it kill the daft sod to keep a couple of lobsters and a bag of clams about the place?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Ah, but it's almost spring time b. You know what we do in spring time, don't you?
    Isn't this a bit of an extended winter though? Still snowing in Feb, and we've got to go and play in Sweden on Thursday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    Isn't this a bit of an extended winter though? Still snowing in Feb, and we've got to go and play in Sweden on Thursday night.
    Ooh, are we on the telly on Thursday? I must make the Ikea-style meatballs in our honour.

Ooh, are we on the telly on Thursday? I must make the Ikea-style meatballs in our honour.
    Last time I was in Sweden, I had Jansson's Temptation. It was yummy. You should do that instead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janssons_frestelse

Last time I was in Sweden, I had Jansson's Temptation. It was yummy. You should do that instead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janssons_frestelse
    Not allowed potatoes this month. I'm living on beans, sweet potatoes, wholemeal pasta and brown rice.

Fúck my luck.

Not allowed potatoes this month. I'm living on beans, sweet potatoes, wholemeal pasta and brown rice.

Fúck my luck.
    I can't believe you're actually eating wholemeal pasta. It's a betrayal of food.

Sweet potatoes are alright, but halfway through eating them and thinking 'these aren't too bad, actually', one remembers that they still aren't potatoes and are in fact a pïsspoor substitute for same.

I can't believe you're actually eating wholemeal pasta. It's a betrayal of food.

Sweet potatoes are alright, but halfway through eating them and thinking 'these aren't too bad, actually', one remembers that they still aren't potatoes and are in fact a pïsspoor substitute for same.
    I haven't actually succombed to the pasta yet. Thank God February is a short month, I might get away with only having it once or twice.

Roast chicken with broccolli, cabbage and carrt and swede mash sounds ok, doesn't it? Until you peer into the gravy boat and remember that there are no spuds to soak it up

I made a quite stunning beef Bourgogne Sunday night served with the finest mash I have ever made. My ungrateful children moaned and Mrs WES claimed it was 'very good but over-seasoned'. Ingrates.

First time I have ever boiled the potatoes with the skins I had just removed, not sure if that's why it was so good.

I haven't actually succombed to the pasta yet. Thank God February is a short month, I might get away with only having it once or twice.

Roast chicken with broccolli, cabbage and carrt and swede mash sounds ok, doesn't it? Until you peer into the gravy boat and remember that there are no spuds to soak it up
    In my experience of this, you will eventually tire of trying to find decent potato substitutes because there simply aren't any. Squash, sweet potato, parsnips, swedes - all ultimately shīte because what you actually want is potato and they simply cannot match up.

Much better to go the bean/lentil route and do something more interesting with those in lieu of potatoes.

In my experience of this, you will eventually tire of trying to find decent potato substitutes because there simply aren't any. Squash, sweet potato, parsnips, swedes - all ultimately shīte because what you actually want is potato and they simply cannot match up.

Much better to go the bean/lentil route and do something more interesting with those in lieu of potatoes.
    Lentils or beans are the usual choice tbh.