Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fair to say whatever small chance we had of getting top 4 is now gone.

Fair to say whatever small chance we had of getting top 4 is now gone.

Probably going to be 11 points from 4th when we play our next league game against City. All aboard the Europa League train!!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Probably going to be 11 points from 4th when we play our next league game against City. All aboard the Europa League train!!
    We'll win the Europa League this season, b. Fear not, from now on we're going to be brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    We'll win the Europa League this season, b. Fear not, from now on we're going to be brilliant.
    There’s a lot of good teams in it this year. We will need a kind draw.

I only watched the first 40 minutes which I would describe as 'fairly even with Spurs probably edging it' despite the fact that our recent 350k a week signing and Mikkie seemed to both be playing far below their ability. As I left the house I thought to myself 'if we get to halftime 0-0 we'll be in with a chance as we have to get better'.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I only watched the first 40 minutes which I would describe as 'fairly even with Spurs probably edging it' despite the fact that our recent 350k a week signing and Mikkie seemed to both be playing far below their ability. As I left the house I thought to myself 'if we get to halftime 0-0 we'll be in with a chance as we have to get better'.

I was antiquing at the time. I got a rather nice pilgrim's flask with a naive depiction of a shepherd, while the wife took a shine to a Royal Doulton match holder/striker. Then we had a rather nice lunch. She had cod cheeks with chilli, garlic and spring onions followed by fish stew, while I had venison croquettes followed by jägerschnitzel.

By the time I remembered we were playing Tottenham, it was all over. I saw the result, shrugged and went about my business.

Life's too short to put oneself through the distress of watching North London derbies, I'm afraid. They're best ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I was antiquing at the time. I got a rather nice pilgrim's flask with a naive depiction of a shepherd, while the wife took a shine to a Royal Doulton match holder/striker. Then we had a rather nice lunch. She had cod cheeks with chilli, garlic and spring onions followed by fish stew, while I had venison croquettes followed by jägerschnitzel.

By the time I remembered we were playing Tottenham, it was all over. I saw the result, shrugged and went about my business.

Life's too short to put oneself through the distress of watching North London derbies, I'm afraid. They're best ignored.
    I'm a great fan of cod cheeks. I often panné them and deep-fry them as a sort of scampi. Chips, peas and tartare sauce - is there really a better meal available?

Unfortunately, that was gone the moment Wenger signed on again. Another two transfer windows in denial about addressing the midfield and defence. Has led to the worst away record in recent memory. He just isn't the man for the job anymore. In his current state he was never going to get us above a progressing Liverpool and Spurs.

There’s a lot of good teams in it this year. We will need a kind draw.
    Ah, but it's almost spring time b. You know what we do in spring time, don't you?

I'm a great fan of cod cheeks. I often panné them and deep-fry them as a sort of scampi. Chips, peas and tartare sauce - is there really a better meal available?
    I love them. wd cods imo.

Do you get them from your monger?

Ah, but it's almost spring time b. You know what we do in spring time, don't you?
    We're ace when the pressure's off.