Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Fair to say whatever small chance we had of getting top 4 is now gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Wait, am I detecting that you have *gulp* lost faith?
    Mercy me. Nicosia Gooner will be polishing his most terrifying instruments of torture for Ash for he hath committed the foulest of all possible heresies; apostasy!

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Mercy me. Nicosia Gooner will be polishing his most terrifying instruments of torture for Ash for he hath committed the foulest of all possible heresies; apostasy!
    Let us not mock one of our own, h. That would be... unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Well, whatever decisions he's making at the moment for the good of the club...the future better be pretty ****ing spectacular imo
    It is at least nice to know that he isnt deliberately making bad decisions to sabotage the club, even if some of them appear that way.

If I was manager I would believe that every decision that I made was in the interest of the club. Almost all of them would be wrong, of course, and the only one that would genuinely benefit the club would be my decision to resign.

Wenger is in a very similar position. Surely even he can see that he needs to leave......I am stil stunned that he signed up for another two years. He had a great chance to walk away with a shred of dignity and turned it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Wait, am I detecting that you have *gulp* lost faith?
    Yes. Yes, you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Yes. Yes, you are.
    May the Lord have mercy upon you soul.

The Lord has his work cut out dealing with almost all our souls
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    What depresses me is the man's inability to take any responsibility. I was basically ok with ticking over in the top 4 while waiting for the commercial deals to improve, but here we are now wondering whether we can hold on to sixth, and Mr I-have-managed-1200- games is wondering why his side is utter toilet on the road, as if it cannot possibly have anything to do with him.

He says that every decision he makes is for the good of the club, as if he is some kind of infallible pope-like being, who cannot distinguish between himself and the club and cannot for a second comprehend the notion that being very very good at something once does not mean that you stay very very good at it for ever.

You've upset me now. Mr Trent. I was hoping that he'd be eased out in the summer.
    Good Lord A.

I actually had to applaud the man's honesty on Saturday when asked about the Kane / Koscielny challenge, one which i expected him to suggest it a foul but no he just dismissed it.

Anyhow, 6th again. Ho hum.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Probably going to be 11 points from 4th when we play our next league game against City. All aboard the Europa League train!!

Surprising lack of bile on here about Saturday. Probably in keeping with the general apathy among Arsenal fans. The acceptance that we are regressing on the pitch has rather sunk in and one suspects that this is the norm for Arsenal fans until Wenger leaves
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    Surprising lack of bile on here about Saturday. Probably in keeping with the general apathy among Arsenal fans. The acceptance that we are regressing on the pitch has rather sunk in and one suspects that this is the norm for Arsenal fans until Wenger leaves
    Yet at half-time I would expect to a man we were quietly confident.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    Going away to the side constantly being bandied as second best in the league and narrowly losing... disappointing because it's them, of course, but hardly grounds for bile?