Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seeing a guide dog yesterday made m cry a bit.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Seeing a guide dog yesterday made m cry a bit.

I'm getting worse. I filled up recently when a waiter seemed genuinely kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Token 'what did the waiter do, offer to empty your colostomy bag?' bantz.

You’re mentally softening imo. You’ll get religion next, you mark my words.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You’re mentally softening imo. You’ll get religion next, you mark my words.
    Nah. I'm definitely off religion. I might just have a breakdown.

Nah. I'm definitely off religion. I might just have a breakdown.
    What is the matter with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    What is the matter with you?
    Other than the weeping, not much. There's that embarassing itching thing but the talcum powder seems to be helping now.

Other than the weeping, not much. There's that embarassing itching thing but the talcum powder seems to be helping now.
    Are you slowly becoming a massive gaylord?

are you quitting smoking or summat?

my mate kept crying when he gave up smoking...the great big jessy

Training a guide dog is exceptionally rewarding and I recommend it to anyone.

Trust me I know.

You basically start off with a puppy and take him or her through a key stage in their life so they can be an awesome, caring and helpful companion to a someone who is blind.

You start off with basic obedience and then slow add more things on while caring for the dog.

You train them how to guide the person their with, be alert and vigilant at all times, make sure their reaction speeds are on point and teach them basics tasks like collecting someone’s mail or picking up something they dropped or help them onto a bus or dropping of a a couple grams of Charlie and bring back the cash or attacking a guard in the groin. All extremely beneficial imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Training a guide dog is exceptionally rewarding and I recommend it to anyone.

Trust me I know.

You basically start off with a puppy and take him or her through a key stage in their life so they can be an awesome, caring and helpful companion to a someone who is blind.

You start off with basic obedience and then slow add more things on while caring for the dog.

You train them how to guide the person their with, be alert and vigilant at all times, make sure their reaction speeds are on point and teach them basics tasks like collecting someone’s mail or picking up something they dropped or help them onto a bus or dropping of a a couple grams of Charlie and bring back the cash or attacking a guard in the groin. All extremely beneficial imo.
    You should write a book Tone. I would read your autobiography

In other news I've been seeing loads of blind people lately. Think they're on the up