Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What’s the general consensus on working at the same place as your other

What’s the general consensus on working at the same place as your other

Half? My girlfriends boss asked her if I’d interview for a position in the same department as her

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Half? My girlfriends boss asked her if I’d interview for a position in the same department as her
    You should ask Berni. He did it. In fact, he's going back to doing it again. Only it's more complicated than that, because... no, best he tells you the details.

It's fine You're both grown-ups so presumably know not to shīt where you eat, as it were.

I think it can precipitate issues around even-handed treatment. In one place I worked there was to be a redundancy of one of the two internal IT support roles. The one that survived was the husband of the HR manager.

You flip the burgers, she does the fries... solved
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    The one that survived was the husband of the HR manager.
    Who'da thunk that?

I am sure there would have been robust selection criteria in place, a
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Who'da thunk that?

At one place I worked, the head of HR's husband was found with his hand in the till. He kept his job for reasons literally no-one could fathom.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Who'da thunk that?

She was part-time and her regular visits to the doctor would always occur on her working days.

A nice lady but somewhat corrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    A nice lady but somewhat corrupt.
    I've come across a lot of unsavoury characters in the HR world. Lots of back stabbing, power hungry, career ladder climbing at any costs type ****ers.

****s sake, just go to work and do a decent job imo
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    You flip the burgers, she does the fries... solved

Shirley, he prepares the sausage and she sticks it between the buns? Of course, he will supply the sauce.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman