Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So tomorrow, a man is going to rip two wisdom teeth out of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    This is less than helpful, i.
    I awoke from having all four removed as a teenager (smarter people have to have them taken out early doors you see) feeling only groggy, no real pain whatsoever. Possibly because I was pumped full of pain killers.

They gave me an entire 5 minutes to recover then basically forced me out to the car where - whilst sat next to my mother - I vomited up a good size bag worth of blood. Apparently you swallow like a litre of blood or something as your sat there.

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I awoke from having all four removed as a teenager (smarter people have to have them taken out early doors you see) feeling only groggy, no real pain whatsoever. Possibly because I was pumped full of pain killers.

They gave me an entire 5 minutes to recover then basically forced me out to the car where - whilst sat next to my mother - I vomited up a good size bag worth of blood. Apparently you swallow like a litre of blood or something as your sat there.

Enjoy!
    A litre? As a decent Englishman, I will only be swallowing in pints. Like your mum does.

A litre? As a decent Englishman, I will only be swallowing in pints. Like your mum does.
    Do you know, I have no idea what the pints to gallons conversion is. 4 litres to the gallon, more or less.

Pints? Jaysus man join the modern world.

Do you know, I have no idea what the pints to gallons conversion is.

Pints? Jaysus man join the modern world.
    8 pints in a gallon. I thought everyone knew that.

Do you ask for 0.568 litres of beer at the pub?

They haven't actually told me how they're going to anaesthetise me, but I presume they aren't going to give me a general, since they haven't told me not to eat or drink. Ho-hum.
    I had all four done at once. A very light version of a general anaesthetic with loads of injections. Took an hour with a LOT of drilling but it was fine. ****ing painful about three hours later when the injections wore off but then the pills he gave me kicked in. Uncomfortable for a week (and you look a bit of a ****) but otherwise its no big deal.

Mine were deep but crooked. If yours are already coming out they literally just give it a tap and the whole thing takes ten minutes. If they are deeper its the full monty....

Enjoy!
    That would have been in the seventies, presumably?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    That would have been in the seventies, presumably?

80s, thank you. Early 80s.

And in Canada, where dentistry is about 20 years ahead of the UK.

Really? Mine was in the mid 90s. No blood was swallowed and the operation was performed by two Arsenal supporters. Beat that with a stick.

That said, I had no feeling on one side of my tongue for almost a month.

And cuisine, music and culture generally, are 40 years behind

. . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Really? Mine was in the mid 90s. No blood was swallowed and the operation was performed by two Arsenal supporters. Beat that with a stick.

That said, I had no feeling on one side of my tongue for almost a month.
    Turned out to be a doddle. Local anaesthetic and the teeth popped out painlessly and easily like good little chaps. I was done in less than ten minutes. Anaesthetic’s pretty much worn off now and it’s not even that sore.