Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now I'm rather indifferent to anything space related, I'd just rather know

Now I'm rather indifferent to anything space related, I'd just rather know

what's out there, let alone contemplating what it might mean.

But that Musk rocket with the boosters that returned to earth and landed up right was awfully cool looking. Presumably this is what he meant when he mentioned transporting people around the globe in a rocket. Imagine that, you need to get to your 5 star resort in Dubai for a holiday so that you can eat top class Indian and Italian food and you get there by going a few miles up at a phenomenal rate and then dropping back down at an equally phenomenal rate.

Whole thing should take no more than an hour or two.

Ace.

oops, not know what's out there.

It weirds me out, man.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

But that Musk rocket with the boosters that returned to earth and landed up right was awfully cool looking. Presumably this is what he meant when he mentioned transporting people around the globe in a rocket. Imagine that, you need to get to your 5 star resort in Dubai for a holiday so that you can eat top class Indian and Italian food and you get there by going a few miles up at a phenomenal rate and then dropping back down at an equally phenomenal rate.

Ace.
    Would there be time for an in-flight movie, a gin and tonic and one of those splendid mystery meals, though?

If not, they can fùck off.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Would there be time for an in-flight movie, a gin and tonic and one of those splendid mystery meals, though?

If not, they can fùck off.
    As you'd be in a rocket ascending and descending pretty vertically, I would guess not.

But there is that added advantage of cutting the travel time down by about 80% or so. Imagine Hong Kong in less than two hours. I'd take that over 13 1/2 hours in business class.

As you'd be in a rocket ascending and descending pretty vertically, I would guess not.

But there is that added advantage of cutting the travel time down by about 80% or so. Imagine Hong Kong in less than two hours. I'd take that over 13 1/2 hours in business class.
    Nah. It sounds horrible and traumatic. Like a two-hour extreme rollercoaster ride. You'd probably shít and vomit yourself inside out. Not worth the time saving.

Mind you, I agree with you about space. It's stupid and - quite literally - a waste of space. It can fûck off n'all.

There is the added disadvantage of a launch costing $57 million. Not sure how many you fit on the rocket but you'd probably have to be Mezut Ozil (Or maybe Aaron Ramsey when he gets his next Arsenal contract) to afford it.

Imagine that, you need to get to your 5 star resort in Dubai for a holiday so that you can eat top class Indian and Italian food and you get there by going a few miles up at a phenomenal rate and then dropping back down at an equally phenomenal rate.

Ace.
    probably safer than driving in the UAE

“Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    (Or maybe Aaron Ramsey when he gets his next Arsenal contract) to afford it.

No heart, you. None.

Ace.
    The rockets were incredibly cool, proper sci-fi.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    The rockets were incredibly cool, proper sci-fi.
    Naturally, of course, the usual eejits have been out in force saying 'But that money could have been spent on the poor'

If human progress had been left to these cünts, we'd still be living in caves.