Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I’ve made an offer on a flat. How much negotiating is enough

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    So now you just wait them out. Dont do anything.
    Also tell them that you've offered on another property that you prefer but are waiting on a decision from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Also tell them that you've offered on another property that you prefer but are waiting on a decision from them.
    Not really a tactic that has much pull when you are dealing through an intermediary who is likely to know all the tricks in the business. Not that it is much of a trick tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    First time buying here with mortgage.

We offered 10 grand less he will take 5 less so I will go back with 7000 less so 2 grand lower than what he will go for. What a crap way for me to explain it.

Reason being there are potential future lease renewal costs
    I assume that the remaining lease is long enough to let you get a mortgage??
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Not really a tactic that has much pull when you are dealing through an intermediary who is likely to know all the tricks in the business. Not that it is much of a trick tbh
    They want to sell the house ASAP to get their commission/stop having to send people over to do viewings. They therefore want you to offer as much as possible.

I said I had found another place that I'd offered on. They told the seller I was in negotiations on another property. The next day the seller reluctantly accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    They want to sell the house ASAP to get their commission/stop having to send people over to do viewings. They therefore want you to offer as much as possible.

I said I had found another place that I'd offered on. They told the seller I was in negotiations on another property. The next day the seller reluctantly accepted.
    Still fairly confident the agent knew you were talking **** because a) he had met you b) you were clearly talking ****. Agents tell buyers/sellers all sort of *******s I doubt you really swung it with your cunning plan

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Still fairly confident the agent knew you were talking **** because a) he had met you b) you were clearly talking ****. Agents tell buyers/sellers all sort of *******s I doubt you really swung it with your cunning plan
    In fact as the seller, I would actually be very reluctant to do business with someone who clearly prefered another house and could easily just be stringing me along

Did you read my initial post to you about leases Fash? ...Is my sage advice to

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    First time buying here with mortgage.

We offered 10 grand less he will take 5 less so I will go back with 7000 less so 2 grand lower than what he will go for. What a crap way for me to explain it.

Reason being there are potential future lease renewal costs
    be ignored. Their is nothing 'potential' about future lease renewal costs. They are guaranteed AND considerable.

It is also a buyers market so stick by your very reasonable offer. He won't be selling it any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    thanks Mr Herbert

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I assume that the remaining lease is long enough to let you get a mortgage??
    Yep but may be a issue when I want to sell.
    As I don't suspect we will stay in this place forever.