Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I’ve made an offer on a flat. How much negotiating is enough

I’ve made an offer on a flat. How much negotiating is enough

This is new to me but quite fun. The seller said he won’t go under £5k under the asking price. But I I want to go £10k he said no. Meet in the middle? I can afford the asking price to be fair.
    Last edited by Pat Vegas; 02-06-2018 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    This is new to me but quite fun. The seller said he won’t go under £5k under the asking price. But I I want to go £10k he said no. Meet in the middle? I can afford the asking price to be fair.

How do you know he said no if you haven't offered £10k under.

I made a 'derisory' offer to start (it's just a starting point in a negotiation). Meant that when we did 'meet in the middle' it was less than I'd have paid had I made a more reasonable first offer.

I have done it this morning they insist on 5k less. Been on the market for 6 months according to my investigations

I have done it this morning they insist on 5k less. Been on the market for 6 months according to my investigations
    Did the agent tell you that you he won't accept? If so, tell them that you are offering £10k less and don't have the budget to go higher.

Are you a cash buyer or do you need to seell your current gaf?

Are you looking to settle quickly?

Make them an offer and the agent is obliged to pass it on, just be careful about pissing off the sellers by going up in really small amounts each time
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Are you a cash buyer or do you need to seell your current gaf?

Are you looking to settle quickly?

Make them an offer and the agent is obliged to pass it on, just be careful about pissing off the sellers by going up in really small amounts each time
    Speaking from experience? :yorkshire:

It’s boring here. You bid against other people who want it. So rather than negotiating it quickly becomes a dick measuring contest.

First time buying here with mortgage.

We offered 10 grand less he will take 5 less so I will go back with 7000 less so 2 grand lower than what he will go for. What a crap way for me to explain it.

Reason being there are potential future lease renewal costs
    Last edited by Pat Vegas; 02-06-2018 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Speaking from experience? :yorkshire:
    Only on house/flat number 6.......
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

First time buying here with mortgage.

We offered 10 grand less he will take 5 less so I will go back with 7000 less so 2 grand lower than what he will go for. What a crap way for me to explain it.

Reason being there are potential future lease renewal costs
    So now you just wait them out. Dont do anything.