Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: We have been really lucky this transfer window.....

We have been really lucky this transfer window.....

I thought both Ozil and Alexis would leave on frees this summer. I assumed that we wouldn't qualify for the CL, and thus wouldn't have that or the prospect of playing with world class players to attract new talent. I assumed mid-table mediocrity was all that was in store for us for a decade.

My one hope was that Rambo could be a no.10 like he was for the Welshers and he could find his scoring boots.

But we've got both the players I wanted a year and a half ago. {I'd never watched them but I liked their stats.}

That's 3 top drawer players with Ozil, with LaK7 on the bench, who might hopefully come good with a second creator in Mhikki instead of goal-hog Alexis.

If only Santi was fit, we'd have the third genius for playing those triangles we used to be so good at.

Pity we sold Sir Ches, as we need a keeper. I've never trusted that Chelsea 5th columnist from his first game when he gave them a goal. But a decent centre-half and a DM could really sort us out. {Again, if only Santi was fit.}

I still don't understand why we wasted £17m on Perez. AW started him in the 2nd league game, he didn't do well and that was it. Even when he scored a CL hat-trick, or when he came on and made 2 goals for Ozil, one from each flank.

Chelsea got hammered again, and as AW said, if we'd won those last two away games, we'd be in the top4, just about.

So now things are looking up, it means we're gonna get hammered by the Spuds at Wembley.

Should be a great game...Spurs will find it awfully difficult to contain Ozil, Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang on that big Wembley pitch.

Might turn into a game of who scores more..

Would like to see Jack in for IWobi just to give us more control and drive from the midfield.

One thing I would add is forget to players who came in...it’s the ones that got moved on that’s interesting...Walcott, Giroud, Coquelin, Debuchy, Alexis.

This is not a time to be an underperforming Arsenal player imo.

If any of them think it’s Alllll gooood then good luck to them because they’ll be at a new club in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Should be a great game...Spurs will find it awfully difficult to contain Ozil, Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang on that big Wembley pitch.

Would like to see Jack in for IWobi just to give us more control and drive from the midfield.

One thing I would add is forget to players who came in...it’s the ones that got moved on that’s interesting...Walcott, Giroud, Coquelin, Debuchy, Alexis.

If any of them think it’s Alllll gooood then good luck to them because they’ll be at a new club in the summer.
    Ospina in goal . . .
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Ospina in goal . . .
    At least that gives us a chance greater than zero against all the pelanties they're going to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post

Agreed - Ivan has slammed the brakes on the gravy train that was Arsenal FC. Best case scenario is a 5th placed finish this season with EL and League Cup glory. Back in the CL next season and back into the top 4