Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How 'bout those Hotspurs, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I appear to be the only person (apart from the ref) who thought they were both penalties

Thought keeper did well on the first one to realise Kane would go straight down the middle. Seemed the likely thing to do, that close to the end of the game.

Dele Alli's dive was about as blatant as you'll get
    hmm - no problems with the first one (apart from the ludicrous offside rule) but the second was beyond soft. Hilarious though

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Yes, and furthermore they will kick the living shít out of us.

I assume Mike Riley will be 'in charge'.
    I'm hoping that Arsene's rather vociferous protests* against him will mean that the FA wouldn't dare do that.

* - calling him a cheat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I'm hoping that Arsene's rather vociferous protests* against him will mean that the FA wouldn't dare do that.

* - calling him a cheat.
    It won't make any difference, sadly. The drugged-up automata will kick us off the pitch, run us into the ground, dive for free kicks and penalties and finally gub us 3 or 4-0.

So is it written.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    hmm - no problems with the first one (apart from the ludicrous offside rule) but the second was beyond soft. Hilarious though
    It's a weird one, there are 2 angles for that 2nd penalty, the front on one looks no way a penalty but if you see the side on one then VVD clearly kicks Lamela in the back of the leg.

Yes, the offside rule is ridicules but we've known that for years

It won't make any difference, sadly. The drugged-up automata will kick us off the pitch, run us into the ground, dive for free kicks and penalties and finally gub us 3 or 4-0.

So is it written.
    Did you get my text, btw? Quite freaked me out, that did.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Did you get my text, btw? Quite freaked me out, that did.
    I did not. When was that?

So is it written.
    I read that we have only won 2/3 league games away from home all season (in the league). It is embarrassingly poor. I really don't understand how being at home can be such an advantage. The pitch is roughly the same size, the same rules apply etc.

Anyway, ITKs tell me that Arsene is handing over to Joachim Low after the World Cup. His remit with this 2 year deal was a slow transition; starting with the infrastructure and ending with the manager. This should mitigate the risk of a post-Sir Alex type scenario.

Sent it about half an hour ago.

It's just appeared. How bizarre!

Ugly bugger.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I read that we have only won 2/3 league games away from home all season (in the league). It is embarrassingly poor. I really don't understand how being at home can be such an advantage. The pitch is roughly the same size, the same rules apply etc.

Anyway, ITKs tell me that Arsene is handing over to Joachim Low after the World Cup. His remit with this 2 year deal was a slow transition; starting with the infrastructure and ending with the manager. This should mitigate the risk of a post-Sir Alex type scenario.
    I'm not fan of the elderly German armpit-sniffer.