Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How 'bout those Hotspurs, huh?

How 'bout those Hotspurs, huh?

It's not often I watch our dear neighbours, but I've seen them a couple of tiems recently and they really are a most unpleasant set of kicky, cheaty thugs, aren't they?

It's nice when there's an objective reason to hate them as well as the emotional one. It's a sort of BOGOF deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's not often I watch our dear neighbours, but I've seen them a couple of tiems recently and they really are a most unpleasant set of kicky, cheaty thugs, aren't they?

It's nice when there's an objective reason to hate them as well as the emotional one. It's a sort of BOGOF deal.
    I simply don't watch them. I thought young McTernan was very good for us on Saturday. Mind you, Everton were pretty fair dogshït.

Maurice Pocket appears to be accomplished at the dark arts. I imagine we will be conceding pelanties next weekend.

I appear to be the only person (apart from the ref) who thought they were both penalties

Thought keeper did well on the first one to realise Kane would go straight down the middle. Seemed the likely thing to do, that close to the end of the game.

Dele Alli's dive was about as blatant as you'll get

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Maurice Pocket appears to be accomplished at the dark arts. I imagine we will be conceding pelanties next weekend.
    Argentinian, you see? A vile, sneaky breed much given to thievery, treachery and underhand tactics.

They all ought to be drowned at birth. Naturally, they have historically been attracted to Tottenham Hotspur.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I simply don't watch them. I thought young McTernan was very good for us on Saturday. Mind you, Everton were pretty fair dogshït.
    Yes, it's unusual for me to see them, especially twice in a short period, but it was instructive and pleasingly enraging. I also noted that they play with an extraordinary intensity for the whole 90 minutes, displaying, beyond any doubt at all, that they're being doped to the eyeballs.

Everton were poor, of course, but we looked quite phenomenal going forward and will give most teams a good scare at the back. Sadly, our defence looks almost miraculously porous. It's like we have human beings through whom other human beings can magically run. Almunia used to display this quality when the ball would somehow pass straight through his body, but Koscielny and Mustafi appear to have taken it to a whole new level.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The Welsh did well too. I expect WES will be giving the place a miss today.

Yes, and furthermore they will kick the living shít out of us.

I assume Mike Riley will be 'in charge'.

Yes, it's unusual for me to see them, especially twice in a short period, but it was instructive and pleasingly enraging. I also noted that they play with an extraordinary intensity for the whole 90 minutes, displaying, beyond any doubt at all, that they're being doped to the eyeballs.

Everton were poor, of course, but we looked quite phenomenal going forward and will give most teams a good scare at the back. Sadly, our defence looks almost miraculously porous. It's like we have human beings through whom other human beings can magically run. Almunia used to display this quality when the ball would somehow pass straight through his body, but Koscielny and Mustafi appear to have taken it to a whole new level.
    Yes. Mind you, I was spectacularly grateful for Mustafi's tackle preventing Walcott from scoring.

The Welsh did well too. I expect WES will be giving the place a miss today.
    He wants to leave, according to some bloke on Twitter, mainly because of his treatment by our fans.

Obviously, this bloke on Twitter is trustworthy.