Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lunch?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Avoid anything that could bung you up. You don't wan to be straining your enflamed nipsy.
    it is a little delicate. an overindulgence in chillies
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

I fall for this every single time. One sees the option of bacon with the burger and one is seduced, because, bacon. Then, when you get it, you ask yourself what the bacon is bringing to the party, and then you realise that it is detracting from the purity of the beefular experience.

Every. Single. Time.
    I like just knowing it's there, doing its bacon thing.

A bacon double cheeseburger XL at Burger King is my favourite of the commonly available burgers.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I like just knowing it's there, doing its bacon thing.

A bacon double cheeseburger XL at Burger King is my favourite of the commonly available burgers.
    I am a recent convert having made a fragile trip to Five Guys and thinking bacon could only help which to be fair it did.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I am a recent convert having made a fragile trip to Five Guys and thinking bacon could only help which to be fair it did.
    I like Five Guys, but can't help but feel it gives itself airs.

I like Five Guys, but can't help but feel it gives itself airs.
    I very much enjoyed my Five Guys experience but felt that it was restaurant quality food at a restaurant price, in a fast food environment. All of which discombobulated me a bit.

I very much enjoyed my Five Guys experience but felt that it was restaurant quality food at a restaurant price, in a fast food environment. All of which discombobulated me a bit.
    You have - as ever - put your finger on the very nub of the thing.

Why am I paying this price while having to queue to order, sit on plastic seats and dispose of my own waste? The thing is all out of whack.
    Last edited by Burney; 02-02-2018 at 11:44 AM.

Chipolatas, cous cous.
    half a chicken, crusty rolls, coke - lovely

You have - as ever - put your finger on the very nub of the thing.

Why am I paying this price while having to queue to order, sit on plastic seats and dispose of my own waste? The thing is all out of whack.
    The price point is simply reflective of The Modern World as such and when all is said and done it is a burger so airs and graces are both unnecessary and if they did exist we would all be in a rush to point out that it is only a burger.

The chaps behind the venture know there is a world of wannabee food critics who would see it beneath them to perhaps have a Whopper with Cheese or a Quarter Pounder with cheese, 6 nuggets and a Fillet of Fish on the side. The food is ghastly, the cheese is plastic and it is relatively cheap and it is “fast food” so they could not dare be seen enter the premises.

Raise the price to whatever FG is, sell it as a higher food experience and the beards and check shirts (and Monty) are falling over themselves to get in a take a photo of their food.

They all deserve to be shot.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    The price point is simply reflective of The Modern World as such and when all is said and done it is a burger so airs and graces are both unnecessary and if they did exist we would all be in a rush to point out that it is only a burger.

The chaps behind the venture know there is a world of wannabee food critics who would see it beneath them to perhaps have a Whopper with Cheese or a Quarter Pounder with cheese, 6 nuggets and a Fillet of Fish on the side. The food is ghastly, the cheese is plastic and it is relatively cheap and it is “fast food” so they could not dare be seen enter the premises.

Raise the price to whatever FG is, sell it as a higher food experience and the beards and check shirts (and Monty) are falling over themselves to get in a take a photo of their food.

They all deserve to be shot.
    Oh, I don't blame Five Guys. They have discovered that people are stupid enough to pay restaurant prices while sitting in what feels like a motorway service station. And they don't have to employ waiting staff, clean cutlery or crockery or any of that other expensive shít. wdfgimo.

However, I find it incongruous and don't really enjoy it. It could simply be that I'm too old. Like my granny who would only take us to Wimpy and never McDonald's because Wimpy served their food on plates and with knives and forks.

Chipolatas, cous cous.
    Double bacon and onion roll with red sauce. Kin 'andsome
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'