Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nothing to see here. Just Labour threatening to compulsorily purchase private

Nothing to see here. Just Labour threatening to compulsorily purchase private

property at a fraction of market value in order to 'redistribute' it. Which, of course, undermines the whole concept of property rights, which in turn underpin all other human rights. Plus, of course, it's straight out of the state communism handbook.

Not to mention, of course, that if businesses and industry believe the state is willing to arbitrarily remove their assets without adequate compensation, they will be packing up and relocating somewhere more stable in a fücking heartbeat - to the utter ruination of our economy.

But I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. I'm sure Uncle Jezza's a lovely, friendly chap who has all our best interests at heart.

Fückssake.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...droidApp_Tweet

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    property at a fraction of market value in order to 'redistribute' it. Which, of course, undermines the whole concept of property rights, which in turn underpin all other human rights. Plus, of course, it's straight out of the state communism handbook.

Not to mention, of course, that if businesses and industry believe the state is willing to arbitrarily remove their assets without adequate compensation, they will be packing up and relocating somewhere more stable in a fücking heartbeat - to the utter ruination of our economy.

But I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. I'm sure Uncle Jezza's a lovely, friendly chap who has all our best interests at heart.

Fückssake.

Suck it up, b. Your old ways are rapidly ageing, and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I'd hardly call full state communism a 'new way', p. I believe it's been tried. It went quite badly as I recall.

Besides, you're just as petty bourgeois as me. You'll not be spared.

I'd hardly call full state communism a 'new way', p. I believe it's been tried. It went quite badly as I recall.

Besides, you're just as petty bourgeois as me. You'll not be spared.
    But he's not a Marxist. On no. He's a 'social democrat', you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Yes, when you look at the world's rapidly expanding economies like China, Vietnam and Indonesia, it's amazing how tightly they have rejected free market capitalism and turned to the exciting new way, communism.

Yes. That's right. Yes.

Fückssake.

Strange you didn't highlight that a previous Tory housing minister sugested a similar thing
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Yes, when you look at the world's rapidly expanding economies like China, Vietnam and Indonesia, it's amazing how tightly they have rejected free market capitalism and turned to the exciting new way, communism.

Yes. That's right. Yes.
    Are the Chinese and Vietnamese even still pretending to be communists?

Are the Chinese and Vietnamese even still pretending to be communists?
    The Vietnamese, not at all. It's full on, every man for himself, frantic capitalism there. You notice lots of soldiers and police about the place, none of whom do anything at all, so the state is clearly still employing people for the sake of it, and criticising the government gets you in front of the People's Court and a 5 year stretch in chokey, so elements of the old days survive, but there's a change even in the 6 years since we were there; the flags and banners in the streets all display the Vietnamese yellow star on a red background now, not a hammer and sickle to be seen, and the censoring of the BBC, Facebook and Twitter appears to have been given up on.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Strange you didn't highlight that a previous Tory housing minister sugested a similar thing
    Something with some similarities has been suggested by a man who is a Tory MP and now has no ministerial portfolio whatsoever. Hardly the same thing.

Something with some similarities has been suggested by a man who is a Tory MP and now has no ministerial portfolio whatsoever. Hardly the same thing.
    I would suggest the suggestion isn't as daft as you make out.... the housing shortage can certainly be largely blamed on the right to buy scheme which was the biggest, most obvious bribe I can remember
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar