Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Was taken to “the best Pizzeria outside Italy” last night by a bunch of Neapolitans

Was taken to “the best Pizzeria outside Italy” last night by a bunch of Neapolitans

These people are fúcking mental. A huge platter of fried dough and giant pizza-sized focaccia to start, then pizzas for main (no toppings other than tomato and mozzarella, otherwise it’s not “authentic”), then more dough for dessert, this time coated in nutella and cream. Woke up at 3am and frantically sunk two full pints of water.

Anyway, perhaps even weirder was that according to one AC Milan fan, the Inter team that beat us 3-0 in the Champions League a bunch of years back are known in the city, without irony, as "The Lions of Highbury”.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    These people are fúcking mental. A huge platter of fried dough and giant pizza-sized focaccia to start, then pizzas for main (no toppings other than tomato and mozzarella, otherwise it’s not “authentic”), then more dough for dessert, this time coated in nutella and cream. Woke up at 3am and frantically sunk two full pints of water.

Anyway, perhaps even weirder was that according to one AC Milan fan, the Inter team that beat us 3-0 in the Champions League a bunch of years back are known in the city, without irony, as "The Lions of Highbury”.
    Hold on, WES told me about the best pizzeria outside Italy, it's a branch of Dominos in the all-inclusive resort he goes to in Dubai.

Actually, he says their deep-pan Hawaiian with the frozen prawns and the tinned pineapple is better than anything you'd find in Italy.

What sort of rampant puddle jumper are you ffs?

Che Cazzo!

Where is this place?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    What sort of rampant puddle jumper are you ffs?
    So it's homo to respond to being force-fed salt for 2 hours by being very, very thirsty?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Che Cazzo!

Where is this place?
    L'Antica Pizzeria da Michele in Baker Street. It's owned by the same family as its Naples' namesake, which is known as the best in the city.

L'Antica Pizzeria da Michele in Baker Street. It's owned by the same family as its Naples' namesake, which is known as the best in the city.
    I remember went to a cool cafe near Goodge Street. secret deal where you bought a panini and a bottle of beer for a Ł5 and you could go down the secret basement and watch the champions league final.
    so I went there when AC Milan got beat by Liverpool. Never seen such a contrast of emotions in one place in the space of a couple of hours.

if I have to pick an Italian team I've been instructed it has to be Inter.

So it's homo to respond to being force-fed salt for 2 hours by being very, very thirsty?
    Force fed?

We can all experience a post meal thirst, at which point one drinks water.

You awake and frantically drink like a chap lost in the desert for 2 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Hold on, WES told me about the best pizzeria outside Italy, it's a branch of Dominos in the all-inclusive resort he goes to in Dubai.

Actually, he says their deep-pan Hawaiian with the frozen prawns and the tinned pineapple is better than anything you'd find in Italy.
    Worst pizza I've ever had in my life was in Verona. At a place off the main bits which was heaving with locals at lunch hour.

Absolutely awful. You'd think the Eyeties could make a pizza that wasn't dripping in water ffs!

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Worst pizza I've ever had in my life was in Verona. At a place off the main bits which was heaving with locals at lunch hour.

Absolutely awful. You'd think the Eyeties could make a pizza that wasn't dripping in water ffs!
    They probably saw you coming.

Which let's be honest would put anyone off their dough-rolling technique.