Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Was taken to “the best Pizzeria outside Italy” last night by a bunch of Neapolitans

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I make my own.

Tomato, mozzarella, mushrooms.

Any more than that and you're in silly land.
    An excess of ingredients (and too low a heat) is what leads to watery sogginess imo

Steve is your oven hot enough for a decent pizza ?
    I thought 400 degrees was the correct temperature
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Yes, and it's still excellent. They've opened another one at Surrey Quays, as well. wd pizza blokes.
    I have a strange liking for the Calzone. I've no idea why, since it's just a folded over pizza containing lethally hot ingredients that you eat with a knife and fork. But somehow its shape pleases me.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Steve is your oven hot enough for a decent pizza ?
    I thought 400 degrees was the correct temperature
    It's as hot as it can go and it works. Pizza stone to give you a crispy bottom, if you will.

Never going to mirror a full on wood fired pizza oven but it's a home jobbie so wouldn't expect it to.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I have a strange liking for the Calzone. I've no idea why, since it's just a folded over pizza containing lethally hot ingredients that you eat with a knife and fork. But somehow its shape pleases me.
    Yes, I confess to a weakness for the calzone. It needs greasey processed pork and chilli, mind. But then, what doesn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Yes, I confess to a weakness for the calzone. It needs greasey processed pork and chilli, mind. But then, what doesn't?
    While we're on pizza, people who don't eat their pizza crusts mystify me. They're the best bit.

I disagree that the crusts are the best bit but agree that the people who don't eat them are mysterious
    Same with toast

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    While we're on pizza, people who don't eat their pizza crusts mystify me. They're the best bit.
    As long as they're nice and crispy, with burnt bits. And dipped in chilli oil, naturally.

I'm starving now. I dound a packet of flatbreads! I'm going to cover the flatbreads in bolognese sauce, add grated cheddar, parmesan and chilli, and bake it in the oven. I shall call it the Cray Valley pizza.

SWv2 "Pizza stone to give you a crispy bottom, if you will."

I like this idea
    I would ask if you roll your own dough but can imagine the response

Sir C " I dound a packet of flatbreads! "

Did you Melvyn ?