Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So no more F1 Grid Girls and no scantily clad, fit birds leading the darts chaps out

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I see no conflict between being a conservative and objecting to the high-handed, 'we know best' snobbery of the bien pensant left, p.
    Voting Tory and being a conservative ain't the same thing though. That's the real trouble.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Do they still have women walking round the boxing ring carrying board numbers between rounds or did they go out of fashion with shiny shorts ?
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

I see no conflict between being a conservative and objecting to the high-handed, 'we know best' snobbery of the bien pensant left, p.
    Oh certainly not. Of course, some would say that viewing these sorts of things through class makes one something of a Marxist, in form or another.

Not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Do they still have women walking round the boxing ring carrying board numbers between rounds or did they go out of fashion with shiny shorts ?
    Shiny shorts are out of fashion?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Oh certainly not. Of course, some would say that viewing these sorts of things through class makes one something of a Marxist, in form or another.

Not me.
    It is a view that a Marxist should agree with though. Understanding the world in terms of the relationship between social classes is what Historical Materialism is about, after all.

And yes, this is a case of a bien pensent middle class dictating to a lower class. Funnily enough, this is something that the 'right' (be they real conservatives or mere Tory-voters) is often better at spotting these days than the fake left, who have absolutely no clue about class any more, or any self-awareness about their new role as loyal and fervant supporters of the establishment, ruling class.

In short, when I were a nipper the 'right' were in charge and the 'left' were the rebels. Now it looks more the other way round imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Saw a tweet from a girl who works as a grid girl complaining about how the pretend feminists have taken away her way of making a living. Can’t help but agree with her. The funny thing is grid girls just stand there in tight dresses. Models on the catwalk are often showing quite a bit more than a grid girl. Will we do away with those now or is that a bit to upmarket?
    Question is, will somone still need to stand there on the very crowded F1 grid holding up a lollypop showing the driver where his slot is (fnar fnar)? If so it will probably be some bloke on the team, who will be taking the girl's job.

I expect they'll use the radio to guide them in though to avoid them thar optics.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    They still do but they never show them on the telly

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    It is a view that a Marxist should agree with though. Understanding the world in terms of the relationship between social classes is what Historical Materialism is about, after all.

And yes, this is a case of a bien pensent middle class dictating to a lower class. Funnily enough, this is something that the 'right' (be they real conservatives or mere Tory-voters) is often better at spotting these days than the fake left, who have absolutely no clue about class any more, or any self-awareness about their new role as loyal and fervant supporters of the establishment, ruling class.

In short, when I were a nipper the 'right' were in charge and the 'left' were the rebels. Now it looks more the other way round imo.
    Money has ruined everything

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

As the left comprehensively lost the battle for political power, they comprehensively won the battle for cultural supremacy via education, academia, media, etc. Their ideas became doctrine to such an extent that, when the country voted for a relatively fiscally conservative Labour party, they got hard left-wing dogma as social policy. The Conservative Party in 2010 - completely misjudging the public mood and their own demographics - decided they needed to buy in to this horseshít, so since then we've had left-wing Tory governments ramming this crap down our throats. This has left vast numbers of traditional conservatives excluded, disenfranchised and bemused at finding themselves labelled as 'hard right'. They have therefore thought to themselves 'fück that' and become politically engaged.

As the left comprehensively lost the battle for political power, they comprehensively won the battle for cultural supremacy via education, academia, media, etc. Their ideas became doctrine to such an extent that, when the country voted for a relatively fiscally conservative Labour party, they got hard left-wing dogma as social policy. The Conservative Party in 2010 - completely misjudging the public mood and their own demographics - decided they needed to buy in to this horseshít, so since then we've had left-wing Tory governments ramming this crap down our throats. This has left vast numbers of traditional conservatives excluded, disenfranchised and bemused at finding themselves labelled as 'hard right'. They have therefore thought to themselves 'fück that' and become politically engaged.
    Have they? Have they become politically engaged? I'm not persuaded. I see no evidence of any fightback.