Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just watched the highlights from last night. Yet again, all three goals

Just watched the highlights from last night. Yet again, all three goals

Come directly from our possession in our own half. Idiotic.

At some point we are going to have to acknowledge that Xhaka is ****ing useless and move on. I know he cost a lot of money but god almighty he really is ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

At some point we are going to have to acknowledge that Xhaka is ****ing useless and move on. I know he cost a lot of money but god almighty he really is ****.
    He's not ****, just lazier than me

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    He's not ****, just lazier than me
    Either way, he shouldn't be anywhere near that team at the moment. He doesnt seem to have a clue what he is doing.

Either way, he shouldn't be anywhere near that team at the moment. He doesnt seem to have a clue what he is doing.
    I've backed him previously and still think there is a genuinely talented player in there, but I can't argue with you on that. Not even fouling people anymore

Not quite true. He has isolated moments where he doesn't track his man, but he's generally positionally sound and his numbers are largely excellent. The problem is the optics when he doesn't track his man are absolutely terrible and are inevitably picked up on by simple chaps like yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I've backed him previously and still think there is a genuinely talented player in there, but I can't argue with you on that. Not even fouling people anymore
    Lets hope he is just horribly low on confidence and is just hiding at the moment (although that itself is a bad trait). We just cant afford a passenger in that part of the pitch.

It still dumbfounds me how slack those midfielders are in covering each other's positions. Its one of the most crucial parts of the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Not quite true. He has isolated moments where he doesn't track his man, but he's generally positionally sound and his numbers are largely excellent. The problem is the optics when he doesn't track his man are absolutely terrible and are inevitably picked up on by simple chaps like yourself.
    No, I don't think you are right at all.

Failed with a late bid for Jonny Evans apparently

Lets hope he is just horribly low on confidence and is just hiding at the moment (although that itself is a bad trait). We just cant afford a passenger in that part of the pitch.

It still dumbfounds me how slack those midfielders are in covering each other's positions. Its one of the most crucial parts of the job.
    Right. But even more important than crucial, I'd say; it is the job.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Right. But even more important than crucial, I'd say; it is the job.
    Not at Arsenal, unfortunately.