Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The thing with Ozil is, he's lovely to watch, isn't he?

The thing with Ozil is, he's lovely to watch, isn't he?

It's all elegance; he truly does float like a butterfly and sting like a bee. The trouble is, he's no Bergkamp or Fabregas. (Few are, of course.) He's not going to win you games just because he's decided what the outcome of the game is going to be. He's never going to control a football match.

The only players in this squad who really excite me are Ozil, Wilshere and Ramsey, and none of them is of the highest quality.

It's time to admit it. We have achieved mediocrity. Come on in, the water's lovely and tepid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's all elegance; he truly does float like a butterfly and sting like a bee. The trouble is, he's no Bergkamp or Fabregas. (Few are, of course.) He's not going to win you games just because he's decided what the outcome of the game is going to be. He's never going to control a football match.

The only players in this squad who really excite me are Ozil, Wilshere and Ramsey, and none of them is of the highest quality.

It's time to admit it. We have achieved mediocrity. Come on in, the water's lovely and tepid.
    Says the man with a flask of tea and a Penguin biscuit.

Appears to be a lot of there

It's all elegance; he truly does float like a butterfly and sting like a bee. The trouble is, he's no Fabregas.
    True. He chose to sign another contract for Arsenal rather than chase the glory at a bigger club.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Says the man with a flask of tea and a Penguin biscuit.
    To be honest I think that this year we might move to a Club biscuit. V suggested Viscount, but the minty shock would be a little powerful, I think. Let's keep things bland, that's my motto.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    True. He chose to sign another contract for Arsenal rather than chase the glory at a bigger club.
    Bowling, a

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Hmm. You seem to have edited out the reference to Bergkamp who, in a similar display of lacking moral fibre, chose to plough the easier furrow of the big fish in a small pond rather than to push himself to achieve greater things at a bigger club. If you'll excuse the mixed metaphor.

To be honest I think that this year we might move to a Club biscuit. V suggested Viscount, but the minty shock would be a little powerful, I think. Let's keep things bland, that's my motto.
    I can recommend the currant ones. Orange might be a tad racy for you.

Hmm. You seem to have edited out the reference to Bergkamp who, in a similar display of lacking moral fibre, chose to plough the easier furrow of the big fish in a small pond rather than to push himself to achieve greater things at a bigger club. If you'll excuse the mixed metaphor.
    I’m rather enjoying the image of a big fish pushing a plough in a small pond. Perhaps he’s growing rice?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I’m rather enjoying the image of a big fish pushing a plough in a small pond. Perhaps he’s growing rice?
    This is what happens to the imagination when you spend a couple of weeks in Viet Nam, I expect.