Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So we have signed the PEA bloke

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Its Giroud. How can you say stuff like that about him?
    Someone actually spent time on this>>>
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I just googled average price for 31 year old bang average lummoxing mirror**** shít**** and it came back with this figure.
    But we got £20m for Theon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    But we got £20m for Theon.
    Younger, English, inter-PL sale.

Handy if you are in a race, in a straight line. A relay race perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Younger, English, inter-PL sale.

Handy if you are in a race, in a straight line. A relay race perhaps.
    OG is also inter-PL sale, can control a football, works hard (in a lummoxy kind of way perhaps), helps defend set pieces, and scores many more goals than TJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    OG is also inter-PL sale, can control a football, works hard (in a lummoxy kind of way perhaps), helps defend set pieces, and scores many more goals than TJ.
    Different sales all the same.

One was where a buying club really wanted TW and we held all the cards. The other was more complex and we needed the buying club to agree to an action in order to facilitate us in another action, in this case they held as many cards as us, perhaps a few more cards. The second deal perhaps even more complex based on the reported scenario where the player would only move within London zones 1-6. I am quite sure we would rather not have sold him to a neighbour and rival.

TW is a player who could maybe do well at Everton, he will run up and down the right touchline very fast, sometimes he will run out of play.

OG is a player who I know has his supporters but he is a player whose footballing stock rises exponentially when he is not playing. We speak of his usefulness to spring from the bench while forgetting how average he really is when played in a series of matches.

Bottom line in both cases is that I applaud this new sense of ruthlessness which we have seen in that past 6-8 months.

Wenger is quite clearly no longer in complete charge off the pitch.