Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Handing in your notice is a lovely feeling, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It means I shall be working with R again, of course. I gave her the heads up about it last week. She laughed.
    Oh, that old place. My word! There's a turn up. Will it be a bit of a commute?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Oh, that old place. My word! There's a turn up. Will it be a bit of a commute?
    It will, but it's worth it and I should be able to work from home reasonably often once I've got settled.

Congratulation!
    I imagine handing in that notice has put a spring in your step
    Have you been humming The Sun Has Got His Hat On ?
    4 weeks
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Congratulation!
    I imagine handing in that notice has put a spring in your step
    Have you been humming The Sun Has Got His Hat On ?
    4 weeks
    Indeed. It's particularly gratifying as they thought I was on three months' notice and the revelation that I was actually only on a month's and that they are now looking down the barrel of producing an awful lot of editorial pages in the month after I leave without an editor to plan, write or commission them has caused no small degree of utter fücking panic.

Indeed. It's particularly gratifying as they thought I was on three months' notice and the revelation that I was actually only on a month's and that they are now looking down the barrel of producing an awful lot of editorial pages in the month after I leave without an editor to plan, write or commission them has caused no small degree of utter fücking panic.
    Really - I've always found when the big boss is out of town then that is the most productive time, they just come back and change every****ingthing because they can. Sure you weren't like that of course, b

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Really - I've always found when the big boss is out of town then that is the most productive time, they just come back and change every****ingthing because they can. Sure you weren't like that of course, b
    No. Although my next role is as an editorial director, so - given that I've always loathed and resented editorial directors interfering with my business - I have to assume that every editor in my new place will fücking hate me.

No. Although my next role is as an editorial director, so - given that I've always loathed and resented editorial directors interfering with my business - I have to assume that every editor in my new place will fücking hate me.
    oh god yes - even the title spells trouble. Good luck with this project, b

Well, newish. Back to the old place but in a more senior role.
    Not back to Selsdon is it?
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Very liberating. Also, one's notice period (assuming it's not too long) is always a reasonably fun time, since one is to some extent freed from the requirement to pretend to like certain people or care what they think.
    You are Aubameyang!