Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Handing in your notice is a lovely feeling, isn't it?

Handing in your notice is a lovely feeling, isn't it?

Very liberating. Also, one's notice period (assuming it's not too long) is always a reasonably fun time, since one is to some extent freed from the requirement to pretend to like certain people or care what they think.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Very liberating. Also, one's notice period (assuming it's not too long) is always a reasonably fun time, since one is to some extent freed from the requirement to pretend to like certain people or care what they think.
    Are you on the move, old chap? A new and exciting adventure?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Are you on the move, old chap? A new and exciting adventure?
    Well, newish. Back to the old place but in a more senior role.

Only ever done it once, 2002. Felt quite nervous from memory.

Once you have made up your mind to seek alternative employment, you have effectively left your current place and should feel the same imo. Unless you are some kind of insecure jellyfish.

And when you've handed your notice in you stop 'working' as such and become merely a handover conduit.

Congrats, b, btw
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Once you have made up your mind to seek alternative employment, you have effectively left your current place and should feel the same imo. Unless you are some kind of insecure jellyfish.

And when you've handed your notice in you stop 'working' as such and become merely a handover conduit.

Congrats, b, btw
    Your mum's a handover conduit.

Cheers, iufg

Well, newish. Back to the old place but in a more senior role.
    A predictably meteoric rise, I think we can all agree.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post

Congrats, b, btw
    Listen pal, just stop now.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Listen pal, just stop now.

careful, sw, I might want to reach out to you soon
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    A predictably meteoric rise, I think we can all agree.
    It means I shall be working with R again, of course. I gave her the heads up about it last week. She laughed.