Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Chelsea seem to be ****ing about re: Giroud.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'd argue it's where you spend your formative years. Cliff Richard was born in India, but the cünt's not Indian, is he?
    It's simply a matter of your passport, surely? I mean, you're absolutely right, Cliff could have an Indian passport but he's still not fúcking Indian, except that, legally, he'd be Indian.

Consider a chap born in the UK of Jamaican parents. Is he English? Of course he's English, his passport says he's English. British. Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    A person born on a plane can be called an aircraft?
    What are we talking here, an astral plane or a giant woodworking plane?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Who could you mean? It is an odd saying, true, but I guess the point is nationality is to a certain point a matter of choice. One can choose to be English or Irish or Dutch should one have a certain lineage, one cannot choose to be a horse if one desired

Sorry, but this results in absurdities like the Jorges of this world deciding they're Irish despite every iota of external evidence suggesting otherwise. Also, Americans claiming to be Irish. :shudder: Geography has to be something to do with it, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's simply a matter of your passport, surely? I mean, you're absolutely right, Cliff could have an Indian passport but he's still not fúcking Indian, except that, legally, he'd be Indian.

Consider a chap born in the UK of Jamaican parents. Is he English? Of course he's English, his passport says he's English. British. Whatever.
    It's the old arguement that berni and myself have had in the past about certain England cricket players..... also see Chris Froome and Kyle Edmund
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Sorry, but this results in absurdities like the Jorges of this world deciding they're Irish despite every iota of external evidence suggesting otherwise. Also, Americans claiming to be Irish. :shudder: Geography has to be something to do with it, I'm afraid.
    Hold on, surely if Jorge identifies as Irish, he must be Irish? I mean, if he identifies as a woman, he's a woman, so why shouldn't he be an Irish woman? Or a greyhound, come to that?

So if you'd gone with your initial plan of an Irish passport, you'd be Irish?

Surely we must acknowledge that - as with ships - there is such a thing as a flag of convenience?

And Ireland is certainly a convenience, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    It's the old arguement that berni and myself have had in the past about certain England cricket players..... also see Chris Froome and Kyle Edmund
    I don't know who those people are and I don't wish to know. I don't ask you to consider how Nigel Lamb was allowed to compete for the UK, do I?

So if you'd gone with your initial plan of an Irish passport, you'd be Irish?

Surely we must acknowledge that - as with ships - there is such a thing as a flag of convenience?

And Ireland is certainly a convenience, of course.
    I'd legally have been British and Irish, I suppose, what with having two passports.

Thank God I drew back from the brink.

Hold on, surely if Jorge identifies as Irish, he must be Irish? I mean, if he identifies as a woman, he's a woman, so why shouldn't he be an Irish woman? Or a greyhound, come to that?
    Irish. Greyhound. Stereotype.

also, I'm sure I read somewhere that the Irish champion greyhound failed a drugs test.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Irish. Greyhound. Stereotype.

also, I'm sure I read somewhere that the Irish champion greyhound failed a drugs test.
    Greyhounds are Irish? What the hell are you talking about, man?