Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Chelsea seem to be ****ing about re: Giroud.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I will have a good chuckle if we mess this Aubameyang deal up, and no mistake. Only we could shoot ourselves in the foot in consecutive windows by dithering about in the early stages / penny pinching.
    You mean negotiating, r, don't you? That's what we've been doing, don't sound like a twitretard

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Being born in a stable doesn't make you a horse though. The playing for Milan as a youth was also new to me
    Nationality doesn't necessarily work like taxonomy, surely?

I distinctly recall learning that being born in this here country makes one an Onglay. I'm pretty sure we have two or three gentlemen here from Irish racing stock who were born in England yet self-define as Englishers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Nationality doesn't necessarily work like taxonomy, surely?

I distinctly recall learning that being born in this here country makes one an Onglay. I'm pretty sure we have two or three gentlemen here from Irish racing stock who were born in England yet self-define as Englishers.
    Who could you mean? It is an odd saying, true, but I guess the point is nationality is to a certain point a matter of choice. One can choose to be English or Irish or Dutch should one have a certain lineage, one cannot choose to be a horse if one desired

Who could you mean? It is an odd saying, true, but I guess the point is nationality is to a certain point a matter of choice. One can choose to be English or Irish or Dutch should one have a certain lineage, one cannot choose to be a horse if one desired
    I have always taken a much simpler view on this.

Your nationality is where you are born, simple enough. You can choose to follow your family heritage etc and look upon yourself as otherwise but if you are born in England for example you are English.

This is not meant to antagonise or show disrespect to anybody.

Citizenship then different innit.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

Your nationality is where you are born, simple enough. You can choose to follow your family heritage etc and look upon yourself as otherwise but if you are born in England for example you are English.

Now, I was born in England.

I did won of those DNA profiley, ancestory things

Turns out I'm mainly of Lithuanian, German and Polish stock.

From the ancestory side of things I can't find any Johnny Foreigners in my bloodline apart from one German woman who came across to England in the 1920's. The European gene game is strong, imo.

May I take this opportunity to announcement my retirement from international football : DieMannschaft:
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Now, I was born in England.

I did won of those DNA profiley, ancestory things

Turns out I'm mainly of Lithuanian, German and Polish stock.

From the ancestory side of things I can't find any Johnny Foreigners in my bloodline apart from one German woman who came across to England in the 1920's. The European gene game is strong, imo.

May I take this opportunity to announcement my retirement from international football : DieMannschaft:
    Essentially you are a fúcking gippo.

As before, no disrespect etc.

What if you are born on a plane or a ship in international waters?

What if you are born on a plane or a ship in international waters?
    Aircraft. Aeroplane. If you fly it, 'the jet' is acceptable.

I'd argue it's where you spend your formative years. Cliff Richard was born in India, but the cünt's not Indian, is he?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Aircraft. Aeroplane. If you fly it, 'the jet' is acceptable.
    A person born on a plane can be called an aircraft?