Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chelsea seem to be ****ing about re: Giroud.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    L’Equipe reporting they bid €20m for him with a deadline, we didn’t accept/refuse before said deadline passed so they withdrew the offer but then “came back to the table” late last night. Meanwhile poor Aubameyang is waiting with his cases back in Düsseldorf.

I'd suggest that we are the only club that can turn a transfer into an episode of Dallas but I'm sure that isn't true?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    I'd suggest that we are the only club that can turn a transfer into an episode of Dallas but I'm sure that isn't true?
    Can you name a club that hasn't had any long-running/ill-working transfer sagas in recent years? United with Herrara (fake agents turning up on last day of transfer window taking a year to buy him?). Liverpool taking 6 months to buy VVD having been fined for tapping him up. Even City don't always get it there own way (pretty much flaunting themselves in front of Sanchez and seeing him go to their greatest rivals).

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    You forgot the work permit we would need?
    Apparently not, but all the same. It's complex and people regard it as they would a trip to the supermarket with a nicely written shopping list.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Apparently not, but all the same. It's complex and people regard it as they would a trip to the supermarket with a nicely written shopping list.
    Except that nobody has denied it is complex and I cannot see where anybody has described it in the manner you suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    No, but he has French and Spanish nationalities so he won't need a work permit
    Well, quite; it's not as though he's going to be doing any work, in any case. Everyone knows what that sort are like.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Except that nobody has denied it is complex and I cannot see where anybody has described it in the manner you suggest.
    Not in this thread but the occasional search of twitter does bring out a frightening amount of ****wits on the subject. A typical answer to a tweet saying Dortmund won't sell until they have a replacement generally brings the answer: "Just offer them more money, then"

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Not in this thread but the occasional search of twitter does bring out a frightening amount of ****wits on the subject. A typical answer to a tweet saying Dortmund won't sell until they have a replacement generally brings the answer: "Just offer them more money, then"
    Well yes of course but then Twitter is not the hot bed of footballing debate and all round common sense that this place is.

You have to completely understand their stance in wanting a replacement. None of these deals are easy all the same, just look at Laporte to City where transfer clauses have been met yet 3-4 days later the deal is not officially done.

Well yes of course but then Twitter is not the hot bed of footballing debate and all round common sense that this place is.

You have to completely understand their stance in wanting a replacement. None of these deals are easy all the same, just look at Laporte to City where transfer clauses have been met yet 3-4 days later the deal is not officially done.
    I will have a good chuckle if we mess this Aubameyang deal up, and no mistake. Only we could shoot ourselves in the foot in consecutive windows by dithering about in the early stages / penny pinching.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I will have a good chuckle if we mess this Aubameyang deal up, and no mistake. Only we could shoot ourselves in the foot in consecutive windows by dithering about in the early stages / penny pinching.
    That's some impressive metaphor mixing, r.

Has Rich left?
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar