Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Sw >>>>>>

Sw >>>>>>

Please excuse the deadly-dull data-cleansing question.

Do you know any good ways of getting subscription-type customers to update their own data other then sending them a link to a web-form which will need login details that they can't remember? I have a manager who has many customers who won't do that and she wants to send them some kind of form which they can fill in and return by email, where I extract and merge their existing data into the form, then extract it after to update their records.

Acrobat has something that does this a bit but I don't know if it does drop-downs and handles the bulk we need.

Just wondrin' on the off chance that you or your colleagues have done something like that before.

Ta.

Reckon you need some I.T. expertise mate

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

Do you know any good ways of getting subscription-type customers to update their own data other then sending them a link to a web-form which will need login details that they can't remember? I have a manager who has many customers who won't do that and she wants to send them some kind of form which they can fill in and return by email, where I extract and merge their existing data into the form, then extract it after to update their records.

Acrobat has something that does this a bit but I don't know if it does drop-downs and handles the bulk we need.

Just wondrin' on the off chance that you or your colleagues have done something like that before.

Ta.
    . . . . . . .

Ta.
    Not really I’m afraid.

At least by giving each user a unique URL it will allow them access direct to their data at which point any post entry extract/merge is unnecessary. If the user cannot remember their login details this can be built in to allow them to re-set them.

Allowing them free entry via a form which you then have to manipulate sounds terribly labour intensive on you or whoever does it, doubling up on work almost.

The obvious win here is that you are asking the end user to update and/or correct their personal details and can also then build in online consent in a clear, unambiguous affirmative way etc. You add in a generic link for the user to view your privacy statement which covers use and storage of their data.

Boom.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Not really I’m afraid.

At least by giving each user a unique URL it will allow them access direct to their data at which point any post entry extract/merge is unnecessary. If the user cannot remember their login details this can be built in to allow them to re-set them.

Allowing them free entry via a form which you then have to manipulate sounds terribly labour intensive on you or whoever does it, doubling up on work almost.

The obvious win here is that you are asking the end user to update and/or correct their personal details and can also then build in online consent in a clear, unambiguous affirmative way etc. You add in a generic link for the user to view your privacy statement which covers use and storage of their data.

Boom.
    It'll be labour-intensive any way round for the team, as half the punters will not know their logins which means about 1600 conversations with people wanting to chat about the weather and moaning about stuff. This is basically the solution I keep pushing towards the manager who keeps pushing email forms in some format back at me.

Pointers to privacy policies and granular consent forms are all very well until everyone ignores them.

Ta.
    Our friend Mr Stork really is a fascinating fellow, isn't he? #Family #Africa
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."