Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buyingaflatwimb. Things are actually starting to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I have only ever bought one property so I am perhaps not hugely qualified to advise here, however I would suggest the above statement could be seen as possibly naive.

Wee bit of research perhaps.

Though not like Monty when he was contemplating Turnpike Lane because he just came across like a big mummy's boy heemasex.
    I lived near there for a while you get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    You can probably get a train into town from Darlington for less than £300 a day, and can probably get a decently-sized gaff round there too. I know it's Oop Norf, but people who live in Yorkshire never stop banging on about how brilliant it is there.
    ... only problem is that Darlington isn't in yorkshire
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    We had a teeny 48" until Saturday, well played the glw who stepped up to the plate and said what about that one? £750 is rather bloody reasonable as well! It's not OLED or QLED but frankly the picture is awesome without paying another £2k
    played, psrb
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    ... only problem is that Darlington isn't in yorkshire
    I know, but they all piss in the same pot

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I know, but they all piss in the same pot
    Go **** yourself!

Darlington is a **** hole... and heading for relegation again
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Make sure the terms of the lease (ground rent and maintenance charges) are properly

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    as in the money is sorted

but I will probably move to Essex. I don't care if it's Grays, Basildon etc.

What's cheap but not that bad? I really don't care if the area is bad or not but when people say areas are bad they don't go into much detail.

I have looked North but the transport costs are a killer. need to keep the train under £300 imo
    scrutinised by a lawyer and don't let your lawyers exclude that scrutiny from their terms. If you discover onerous but well hidden charges you want some redress.

Be especially careful of anything built in the last 20 years and completely avoid anyone talking of informal lease extensions on nearly exhausted leases i.e. "don't worry that the lease on the property* is only 40 years because the freeholder has agreed to an informal extension to 125." - It's a scam.

*the ghastly dickensian grotesque from the estate agent will pronounce it "prippertay".

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Go **** yourself!

Darlington is a **** hole... and heading for relegation again
    Nice railway station though.