Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So Aubameyang will be our latest somersault****. A tenner for anyone

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Yes and of course Eboue. But something in my head is also screaming Eddie McGoldrick????
    I only remember McGoldrick scoring one for us - against Standard Liege in the season we won the CWC. Don't remember a somersault, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    ty, a. This time yesterday I was queueing in the rain for a glimpse of Ho Chi Minh's embalmed corpse. Great timez indeed.

How was he looking? Bit waxy?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    How was he looking? Bit waxy?
    He looked remarkably well, considering. I think the lighting was very carefully arranged.

Apparently he gets sent to Russia every November for maintenance. If those Russkies had any sense of humour at all they'd fit him with some servo motors so that at random intervals he'd sit up in his bed and wave, or do a song and dance routine. Make him a bit more entertaining, you know.

He looked remarkably well, considering. I think the lighting was very carefully arranged.

Apparently he gets sent to Russia every November for maintenance. If those Russkies had any sense of humour at all they'd fit him with some servo motors so that at random intervals he'd sit up in his bed and wave, or do a song and dance routine. Make him a bit more entertaining, you know.
    Like the fellow in that Tom Sharpe book.

Like the fellow in that Tom Sharpe book.
    'More lights!'

'More lights!'
    How many Banh Mi did you consume over there in the end?

How many Banh Mi did you consume over there in the end?
    I'm a bit ashamed to think about it, but I must have averaged 2 a day.

One morning I had 5 at breakfast time

Interestingly, banh mis in the north are shít. Just paté, no roast pork, no coriander and no pickles

I found some remarkable dishes: a caramelised pork dish like hong shao rou but better, and a breakfast number called banh mi op la; a baguette served with two fried eggs, a steak and a lump of paté Also, several noodle soups which are mush better than pho.

I'm a bit ashamed to think about it, but I must have averaged 2 a day.

One morning I had 5 at breakfast time

Interestingly, banh mis in the north are shít. Just paté, no roast pork, no coriander and no pickles

I found some remarkable dishes: a caramelised pork dish like hong shao rou but better, and a breakfast number called banh mi op la; a baguette served with two fried eggs, a steak and a lump of paté Also, several noodle soups which are mush better than pho.
    Five at breakfast is a very special effort indeed!

Clearly northern banh mis are commie and therefore rubbish. The south clearly retains some of the values of capitalism

Five at breakfast is a very special effort indeed!

Clearly northern banh mis are commie and therefore rubbish. The south clearly retains some of the values of capitalism
    They're pretty small, to be fair, but five is still fúcking ridiculous.

Given the 'Nam's status as one of the last remaining communist states, it's remarkable quite how many Rolls Royces and Ferraris one sees in Hanoi

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Yes and of course Eboue. But something in my head is also screaming Eddie McGoldrick????
    I looked up the goal in question and he celebrated it in a Shearer style by running towards the Arsenal fans with his finger pointing skywards.

I've an odd feeling Ian Selley may have scored in that game as well. We won 0-7.