Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perez got an assist. What were we playing at with him? We spend £17m on him, don't

Perez got an assist. What were we playing at with him? We spend £17m on him, don't

really play him and give him back to the club we got him from.

He got a CL hat-trick, but so did Nicky Bendtner.

How can we afford to blow £17m like that but nor have the cash for Abe? I understand AW gambling on cheapies like Sonogo, but a player of Perez's age, if no other club comes in when they hear we can get him for under £20, it sort of implies that that's all he's worth.

Perhaps AW had seen Vardy suddenly come good at his age and thought LP could as well. But £20m is a lot to gamble when we seem to be skint.

And all those years of AW saying "Where can I find a striker as good as Welbeck?" Thinking LP is the solution doesn't say much about Welbz.

Feo got 19 goals last season and didn't play the last 2-3 months. The season Bale left, Feo had one less goal+assist combined than the Welsher.

Why did we keep him and just loan him? Why not cut our losses? Does this mean that we couldn't even flog him for a tenner {in millions?}

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post

He got a CL hat-trick, but so did Nicky Bendtner.

How can we afford to blow £17m like that but nor have the cash for Abe? I understand AW gambling on cheapies like Sonogo, but a player of Perez's age, if no other club comes in when they hear we can get him for under £20, it sort of implies that that's all he's worth.

Perhaps AW had seen Vardy suddenly come good at his age and thought LP could as well. But £20m is a lot to gamble when we seem to be skint.

And all those years of AW saying "Where can I find a striker as good as Welbeck?" Thinking LP is the solution doesn't say much about Welbz.

Feo got 19 goals last season and didn't play the last 2-3 months. The season Bale left, Feo had one less goal+assist combined than the Welsher.

Why did we keep him and just loan him? Why not cut our losses? Does this mean that we couldn't even flog him for a tenner {in millions?}
    I believe you are having a stroke Ganpati's...dont panic but i would suggest a quick visit to the ER!

My thinking is that we signed him late in the window as a last resort and as such had zero room to negotiate with Deportivo.

Pay the full asking price up front...no instalments and no bonus related payouts.

Felt sorry for him because you could see how classy he was and how much he wa bringing to the team but Wenger was going though the roughest patch of his time at Arsenal so didn’t want to gamble on playing him week in and week out.

Then we mug him off by giving Lacazette his shirt number.

So he decides to ask for a transfer and wants to go back home to Deportivo but now Arsenal want back exactly or pretty close to what the invested in him.

Fair enough I suppose.

The one I don’t get is the Gabriel sale...bought for £19m but let go for £11m.

Why such a loss? My guess is that it isn’t a loss because the original £19m was more like £10m with substantial performance related bonuses.

Actually think the reason Lacazette gets subbed so much is because he has a competed match clause bonus in his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    My thinking is that we signed him late in the window as a last resort and as such had zero room to negotiate with Deportivo.

Pay the full asking price up front...no instalments and no bonus related payouts.

Felt sorry for him because you could see how classy he was and how much he wa bringing to the team but Wenger was going though the roughest patch of his time at Arsenal so didn’t want to gamble on playing him week in and week out.

Then we mug him off by giving Lacazette his shirt number.

So he decides to ask for a transfer and wants to go back home to Deportivo but now Arsenal want back exactly or pretty close to what the invested in him.

Fair enough I suppose.

The one I don’t get is the Gabriel sale...bought for £19m but let go for £11m.

Why such a loss? My guess is that it isn’t a loss because the original £19m was more like £10m with substantial performance related bonuses.

Actually think the reason Lacazette gets subbed so much is because he has a competed match clause bonus in his contract.
    Gabriel was bought using that stat sata. We said we'd developed some moneyball type stat thing, and it had said Gabby was the best. Then AW found out it was bøllocks. He seems to have deliberately ****ed all these stat buys out the window, as if to make a point to Gazidis about his idiotic yank type system. I could be speaking drivel as usual, though.

Wengers autobiography would be v revealing
    Last edited by taxman10; 01-29-2018 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ganpati's goonerz--afc's aboriginal fertility cult View Post

He got a cl hat-trick, but so did nicky bendtner.

How can we afford to blow £17m like that but nor have the cash for abe? I understand aw gambling on cheapies like sonogo, but a player of perez's age, if no other club comes in when they hear we can get him for under £20, it sort of implies that that's all he's worth.

Perhaps aw had seen vardy suddenly come good at his age and thought lp could as well. But £20m is a lot to gamble when we seem to be skint.

And all those years of aw saying "where can i find a striker as good as welbeck?" thinking lp is the solution doesn't say much about welbz.

Feo got 19 goals last season and didn't play the last 2-3 months. The season bale left, feo had one less goal+assist combined than the welsher.

Why do you ask so many questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Better still, who ****ing cares?!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Better still, who ****ing cares?!
    He got an assist in a 7-1 defeat last week as well

He got an assist in a 7-1 defeat last week as well
    The Six nations is soon upon us, LA It will be interesting to see who he picks at 8.

So I'm trying to work out what's going on in breaks in my essay reading. Cos I'm not making much progress with that, either.