Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: We're not gonna sign him, are we? Why get everyone's hopes up and then refuse to pay

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    To be fair, Dortmund are trying to pull our pants down. 58m for a 29 year old???!

I'm glad we're telling them that it's 50m or we walk away.

They'll accept 50m on deadline day and we'll then change the offer to 45m.
    Sanchez. £60m, last August.

Maybe he was 28 then which makes it okay?

We want to buy. They don’t need to sell. Kind of how football transfers work.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    To be fair, Dortmund are trying to pull our pants down. 58m for a 29 year old???!

I'm glad we're telling them that it's 50m or we walk away.

They'll accept 50m on deadline day and we'll then change the offer to 45m.
    Do they really want him or not? seems a lot of money for a take it or leave it offer. We ****ed about plenty of times in the past and annoyed clubs. :Saurez:
    So if Arsenal are in the market for this type of player leaving it to deadline day is a good idea?

Plus Dortmund need to bring in a player if they sell him. If Giroud isn't included in the deal they won't want to sell him last second.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Do they really want him or not? seems a lot of money for a take it or leave it offer. We ****ed about plenty of times in the past and annoyed clubs. :Saurez:
    So if Arsenal are in the market for this type of player leaving it to deadline day is a good idea?

Plus Dortmund need to bring in a player if they sell him. If Giroud isn't included in the deal they won't want to sell him last second.
    Well that’s why we’ll probably miss out. I’d like us to sign him but think Evans is more important. Not the end of the world If we do miss out.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    98 goals in 143 isn't practicallly a goal a game. It isn't a top league. You don't know what Dortmund are demanding. He's a bit of a **** anyway. I would be delighted if we signed him though
    I thought he had two less goals than games this season. I mean, that Bayern forward's meant to be all right and our lad's scored more than him.

I don't know what Dortmnd are demanding, though the figures mentioned have been quite consistent.

I hate to agree with Mourinho, but if you want players, you have to pay for them. Why did we think we could get him cheap? Why not see if they will sell first and then agree terms with the player?

I just think it will put everyone on a downer and people might then blame LaK7. It would have been better not to get our hopes up if they weren't prepared to pay the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I dont have a problem with Giroud going if its a swap for this chap. I just dont think signing this guy is going to solve anything so I dont really care whether we sign him or not.
    I like goals. And we haven't had enough this term. So if he could get a few we wouldn't otherwise have scored, I'll be happy.

The buying the players we actually need can wait until the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Indeed. Its just the football side of things we keep ****ing up on. The business is going very well indeed.
    Yeah - we're rubbish as we enter our fourth Wembley in 5 years. Do get a grip ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    The Suarez thing is a myth. A release clause gets triggered by a fixed sum, and is not a bid. If the player wants to go to the club waving the monies, he goes, without a transfer fee negotiation but Suarez didn't.

Quite why the myth about Arsenal 'incompetence' and 'insults' persists is strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    I thought he had two less goals than games this season. I mean, that Bayern forward's meant to be all right and our lad's scored more than him.

I don't know what Dortmnd are demanding, though the figures mentioned have been quite consistent.

I hate to agree with Mourinho, but if you want players, you have to pay for them. Why did we think we could get him cheap? Why not see if they will sell first and then agree terms with the player?

I just think it will put everyone on a downer and people might then blame LaK7. It would have been better not to get our hopes up if they weren't prepared to pay the money.
    Last two seasons he has indeed been ****ing incredible. And kudos for the Lak7

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    what he's worth? He's practically a goal a game striker in a top league. They only do it to annoy me.
    Chill out. You don't know how the negotiations are going. Dortmund is probably leveraging their position through the newspapers, esp since Alexis has already left. I'd do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Yeah - we're rubbish as we enter our fourth Wembley in 5 years. Do get a grip ffs
    Oh, I see. A League Cup final and top six is our new measure of success. Welcome back to 1987.....