Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: We're not gonna sign him, are we? Why get everyone's hopes up and then refuse to pay

I keep reading just how much of a c unt he really appears to be

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    98 goals in 143 isn't practicallly a goal a game. It isn't a top league. You don't know what Dortmund are demanding. He's a bit of a **** anyway. I would be delighted if we signed him though
    I can't work out if it's sour grapes from other managers, or not.
    Bayern is usually the natural home for Dortmund's elite and they wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

That silver Porshe is pure Adebayor and look what a c unt he turned out to be.
    I'd definitely still take a punt on the lad.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    I can't work out if it's sour grapes from other managers, or not.
    Bayern is usually the natural home for Dortmund's elite and they wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

That silver Porshe is pure Adebayor and look what a c unt he turned out to be.
    I'd definitely still take a punt on the lad.
    tbf Bayern have probably got the best pure centre forward in the world, but Heynckes has come out and said they don't want him as well which was an odd step

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    We didn't forget to sign a centre back - we have 5, plus the excellent Monreal, ffs. If you mean we should have signed someone better, name some names - not a lot of quality out there tbh. Maybe Michael Keane for 30 million
    I wasn't referring to this summer. I meant the summer where we were forced to sign Gabriel in the following January because we had left ourselves with only chambers as cover.

The excellent monreal

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Perez was curious.

I am willing to allow you that and that alone.
    Very kind of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    The excellent monreal
    That be fighting talk in some quarters, my friend.

It’s not hard though is it? The spurs model is actually quite clever, new contract for more money every couple of years means you never get to a point where players are running their contract down

Quote Originally Posted by taxman10 View Post
    It’s not hard though is it? The spurs model is actually quite clever, new contract for more money every couple of years means you never get to a point where players are running their contract down
    Far easier to do when they are home grown (Kane) or were bought for peanuts (Delli Ali) as you are starting from a lower base. If you pay someone 150 grand from the start you cant jump up hugelyevery couple of years. Anyway, one assumes we did try to get Sanchez and Ozil to sign two summers ago and they refused. I doubt very much that we leave it until the summer where they have one year left. If we do, we are totally ****ing incompetent.

fancy bidding £40m for a striker like him in today’s market.

Would price him in the £90m to £110m range.

Guess Arsenal want him but don’t want to overpay so trying to find the right price.

If push comes to shove then I’m happy for Giroud to join Chelsea to help get more funds in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    To be fair, Dortmund are trying to pull our pants down. 58m for a 29 year old???!

I'm glad we're telling them that it's 50m or we walk away.

They'll accept 50m on deadline day and we'll then change the offer to 45m.
    Juventus paid £75m for Higuaín who was also not 29.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Juventus paid £75m for Higuaín who was also not 29.
    Stop it Bill, this is Awimb, no room for actual facts and ****.

And do you really have to have a pic of yourself in your favourite jeans?
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'