Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We're not gonna sign him, are we? Why get everyone's hopes up and then refuse to pay

We're not gonna sign him, are we? Why get everyone's hopes up and then refuse to pay

what he's worth? He's practically a goal a game striker in a top league. They only do it to annoy me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    what he's worth? He's practically a goal a game striker in a top league. They only do it to annoy me.
    Arsenal do business the right way.

or so I have been told

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    98 goals in 143 isn't practicallly a goal a game. It isn't a top league. You don't know what Dortmund are demanding. He's a bit of a **** anyway. I would be delighted if we signed him though

Media reports suggest the issue is partly related to Giroud and then conflicting reports on this also – him not willing to go there which we can do fúck all about, or us not wanting to include him in the deal.

I expect like any normal bloke you will be monitoring the Bundesliga line-ups around 13:30-13:45 tomorrow. If he plays then I think you can assume talks are not going great at which point we can all point the finger at Team Ivan.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Media reports suggest the issue is partly related to Giroud and then conflicting reports on this also – him not willing to go there which we can do fúck all about, or us not wanting to include him in the deal.

I expect like any normal bloke you will be monitoring the Bundesliga line-ups around 13:30-13:45 tomorrow. If he plays then I think you can assume talks are not going great at which point we can all point the finger at Team Ivan.
    If they were demanding Giroud then we are quite right to walk away though - I don't have a problem with that. Millions of ****s on Twitter will though - they should be shot

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

or so I have been told
    Indeed. Its just the football side of things we keep ****ing up on. The business is going very well indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    If they were demanding Giroud then we are quite right to walk away though - I don't have a problem with that. Millions of ****s on Twitter will though - they should be shot
    I dont have a problem with Giroud going if its a swap for this chap. I just dont think signing this guy is going to solve anything so I dont really care whether we sign him or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

or so I have been told
    To be fair, Dortmund are trying to pull our pants down. 58m for a 29 year old???!

I'm glad we're telling them that it's 50m or we walk away.

They'll accept 50m on deadline day and we'll then change the offer to 45m.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    To be fair, Dortmund are trying to pull our pants down. 58m for a 29 year old???!

I'm glad we're telling them that it's 50m or we walk away.

They'll accept 50m on deadline day and we'll then change the offer to 45m.
    How old in Sanchez? And what price would he have been if we hadn't ****ed up the contract situation.

PEA is 28
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I have no idea what is going on as I had thought our willingness to let OG go there was a key factor in our favour.

FTR I couldn’t care less if he leaves us in this case. Change can be a good thing and the past 6 months have seen us moving out some players I see as being dispensable (as long as they are replaced where needed).