Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When is the pharmaceutical industry going to pull its finger out and find a cure for

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Best way I felt guilty being off last week. I never call in sick but had no choice.
    annoyingly I had to call in each day to say I am not coming in.
    hello still sick maybe tomorrow bye.
    You should never feel guilty about phoning in sick when you are, p

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Rich works for the NHS - efffectively his CEO is Jeremy Hunt. He should talk to him like that
    I'm in Private enterprise now, LA.

I've never had a day sick in my life, mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    the common cold?

It is surely the single biggest overall cause of illness, discomfort and loss of working days around, and what are they doing about it? Eh? Nothing, as far as I can see. Have a lemsip. And a box of tissues a day.

It's almost as if the industry is set up to manage ailments rather than actually cure them.

Yes, I know they mutate and shít but still, is the humble virus really cleverer than our finest medical researchers? Sort it aaaahht!!
    It's a virus and cannot be cured, merely suppressed.

Thank you Dick
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I'm in Private enterprise now, LA.

I've never had a day sick in my life, mind you.
    My apologies, r. Still just wanted to call Hunt a **** tbf. I haven't missed a day for illness in almost two years. And even then with a knee swollen to the size of a basketball, I did some work from home, but I appreciate if some people are sniffing/coughing all the time, you get well quicker if you take a day to just chill

My job in Basel is with Novartis.

Pretty awesome site...it’s like a small city. Just one spectacular office block after another. On my last visit I discovered they also have their own hospital too.

You see stuff like that all the time but not for just 1 company.

Found the Swiss to be a most welcoming bunch. A splendid company to work for.

Oh and that thing about them and watches...to put into some context...my UBER driver was sporting a Rolex GMT Pan Am!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    My job in Basel is with Novartis.

Pretty awesome site...it’s like a small city. Just one spectacular office block after another. On my last visit I discovered they also have their own hospital too.

You see stuff like that all the time but not for just 1 company.

Found the Swiss to be a most welcoming bunch. A splendid company to work for.

Oh and that thing about them and watches...to put into some context...my UBER driver was sporting a Rolex GMT Pan Am!!
    Lol! My sister worked there in quite a senior role up until a year or so ago. She said the worst days were when they were serving Raclette in the canteen as the whole office would stink of it all day. She came out of the experience with a powerful hatred of the Swiss.

If you want to save yourself a few bob, live over the border in Alsace rather than in Basel proper. Swiss wages/French prices = *******FREE MONEY!!!*******$

Mind you, that would make you and redgunamo the only two brothers in rural Alsace.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    It's a virus and cannot be cured, merely suppressed.
    This sounds like defeatist talk to me. Have we not been to the moon? Can we not find a way to vanquish a virus?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    This sounds like defeatist talk to me. Have we not been to the moon? Can we not find a way to vanquish a virus?
    Apparently not. 10 years now I have been bringing kids to doctors to be told "it's a virus, nothing we can do. That will be €60 please".

Sometimes the sum charged changes.

Manage the temperature and drink lots of fluids.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Manage the temperature and drink lots of fluids.
    I wrapped up warm, went to a football match and drank six pints last night. Feeling a lot better today.