Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: When is the pharmaceutical industry going to pull its finger out and find a cure for

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    "it's a virus, nothing we can do. That will be €60 please".
    Do you not have a National Health Service or equivalent in the Irish Free State there?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I wrapped up warm, went to a football match and drank six pints last night. Feeling a lot better today.
    Only down side being that 6 pints is roughly 12-14 units of alcohol so in one glory filled evening you used up your entire weekly allowance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Do you not have a National Health Service or equivalent in the Irish Free State there?
    No, we all pay for each visit to the doctor and/or hospital unless one is in possession of a medical card.

I then have private insurance for my family and I, subsidised through work, from which I can claim medical expenses at year end. I got about €230 back from them for approx. €400 spend just last week.

Finally then we can claim on prescription costs which are not covered by private insurance.

In summary, Free State my hole.

No, we all pay for each visit to the doctor and/or hospital unless one is in possession of a medical card.

I then have private insurance for my family and I, subsidised through work, from which I can claim medical expenses at year end. I got about €230 back from them for approx. €400 spend just last week.

Finally then we can claim on prescription costs which are not covered by private insurance.

In summary, Free State my hole.
    NOOOOOOO! But, but, but... I've been constantly told that the only alternative to an NHS-style completely-free-at-the-point-of-use system is a US-style system where everyone has to have exorbitantly-expensive insurance or they're left to die like dogs in the street. As I understand it from The Guardian, if you aren't rich and get ill in any country that doesn't have the glorious and holy NHS (ALL HAIL TO IT!) you will simply die.

You are peddling fake news with your talk of a rational and sensible healthcare system that requires some people to actually pay for stuff, but whose costs are offset by employer-funded insurance schemes. For shame!

Only down side being that 6 pints is roughly 12-14 units of alcohol so in one glory filled evening you used up your entire weekly allowance.
    Christ! What a chip pisser. That's Pokster's job.

Anyway, since when have you been concerned about weekly units.